10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lupirtin capsule is a painkiller containing Flupirtine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat acute and chronic pain like severe headache, painful periods, tumour pain, etc. Lupirtin capsule is
not recommended for use in children and adolescents. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. The common side effects of Lupirtin capsule are nausea, diarrhoea, headache and stomach pain. Most of them are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Lupirtin Capsule
Lupirtin capsule is used for the treatment of acute and chronic pain such as pain after surgery or operation, severe headache, tumour pain, pain due to your posture, pain during menstruation, etc.
Contraindications of Lupirtin Capsule
- If you are allergic to Flupirtine or any other ingredients of Lupirtin capsule.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you suffer from any brain disorder.
- If you consume alcohol regularly.
- If you suffer from any condition that causes muscle weakness.
- If you are taking any medicines that may cause liver injury.
Side effects of Lupirtin Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhoea, gas
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating
- Loss of appetite
- Sleeping problems
Precautions and Warnings of Lupirtin Capsule
Can I take a Lupirtin capsule during pregnancy?
- Lupirtin capsule is not recommended for use during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available in pregnant women.
- However, if needed the doctor will prescribe this medicine by considering the benefits and risks.
- If you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning a pregnancy consult your doctor for advice before starting this medicine.
Can I take Lupirtin capsule while breastfeeding?
- Flupirtine passes into breast milk, hence Lupirtin capsule is not recommended during breastfeeding.
- However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed and the advantage overweighs the risk.
- You should consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lupirtin capsule?
Lupirtin capsule may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with a Lupirtin capsule?
You should not consume alcohol while on treatment with a Lupirtin capsule.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys.
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking the Lupirtin capsule.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition while on treatment.
- You are taking blood thinners like warfarin, heparin.
- You experience nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, loss of appetite, fatigue, dark urine, jaundice while on treatment, immediately contact your doctor.
- You are above 65 years of age.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using a Lupirtin capsule while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
- While on treatment, your doctor will frequently ask you to get your liver function test done.
- Lupirtin capsule is not recommended for use in patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Lupirtin Capsule
How Does It Work?
Flupirtine in the Lupirtin capsule works by blocking the release of certain chemical substances which are responsible for the sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Lupirtin Capsule
Lupirtin capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal
results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Lupirtin Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lupirtin capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines like diazepam, carbamazepine, warfarin.
Storage and disposal of Lupirtin Capsule
- Store Lupirtin capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Lupirtin Capsule
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, fatigue, dry mouth, drowsiness, unconsciousness, fast heartbeats. Seek medical attention in case you have consumed too much Lupirtin capsule.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Lupirtin capsule, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a
double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Lupirtin capsule?
A: Lupirtin capsule is used for the treatment of acute and chronic pain such as pain after surgery or operation, severe headache, tumour pain, pain due to your posture, pain during menstruation, etc.
Q: How to take a Lupirtin capsule?
A: Lupirtin capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: How long to take Lupirtin capsule?
A: The dose and duration of the Lupirtin capsule will depend on the cause of illness and response to treatment, thus take it for as long as prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Is Lupirtin capsule an antibiotic?
A: No, the Lupirtin capsule is not an antibiotic, it is a pain-relieving medicine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 23 Mar 2021 | 11:47 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved