Losatan 50mg Tablet
By BIOCHEM PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The primary medicine used in the composition of Losatan 50mg Tab is losartan, which is an angiotensin-II receptor antagonist and widely used to treat hypertension.
Uses of Losatan 50mg Tab
- High blood pressure
- Chronic heart failure
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Heart attack (Myocardial infarction)
Contraindications of Losatan 50mg Tab
- Allergy to the medicine
- Liver or kidney disorders
- Renal Artery Stenosis
Side effects of Losatan 50mg Tab
- Excessive drop in blood pressure
- Headache & Dizziness
- High levels of potassium in blood
- Low blood sugar
- Changes inn kidney function including kidney failure
- Reduced number of WBCs
- Allergic reactions like rash, swelling of face, lips & throat. Seek emergency medical help in such cases.
- Rhabdomyolysis (skeletal muscle injury)
Precautions and Warnings of Losatan 50mg Tab
Can I take Losatan 50mg Tab during pregnancy?
This medicine can harm the fetus. Therefore, avoid taking it if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take this medicine while breastfeeding?
This medicine is not recommended for breast feeding mothers as there is insufficient data available on whether it can pass into the breast milk. Check with your doctor before using the medicine.
Can I drive if I have taken the medicine?
It is not known to affect driving abilities. Avoid driving in case you feel any discomfort.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Alcohol can lower your blood pressure and also increase side effects like sedation or drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are known to have narrowing or blockage of the blood vessels leading to your kidneys or had a kidney transplant recently
- You suffer from heart failure with or without renal impairment or concomitant severe life-threatening cardiac arrhythmias
- You have high blood pressure and diabetes-related kidney problems. Your doctor shall regularly ask you to do kidney tests and test for electrolytes (e.g. potassium)
Mode of Action of Losatan 50mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Angiotensin-II is a substance produced in the body that causes constriction of blood vessels, which in turn leads to an increase in blood pressure. The medicine prevents the binding of angiotensin-II to its receptors, thereby causing the blood vessels to relax and lowers blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Losatan 50mg Tab
The dosage of Losatan 50mg Tab} is to be taken with water. It may be taken with or without food
Interactions of Losatan 50mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Aspirirn & NSAIDs reduces the action of this medicine on blood pressure
- All ACE inhibitors, azathioprine, lithium, aspirin & aliskiren should be avoided
- Medicines that increase potassium levels such as diuretics
Interactions with food items
No known interaction with food.
Storage and disposal of Losatan 50mg Tab
- Store the medicine tightly in its package
- Keep it away from children's reach and sight, and direct light, heat and moisture
Dosage of Losatan 50mg Tab
The side effects of Losatan 50mg Tab are increased heart rate, extremely low blood pressure, dizziness, increased levels of potassium in blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness. In case you suspect overdose, seek immediate medical help.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if its almost time for your next dose, then skip the missed one and continue your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does Losatan 50mg Tab take to work?
A: The medicine starts its action after around 6 hours, but it may take 3-6 weeks to fully take its effect.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions while using this medicine?
- Avoid high potassium foods like spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans
- A low-salt diet is preferred
- Avoid fruits, health supplements and food that have high potassium content
Q: What do I do if I feel nausea after taking this medicine?
- Try taking the medicine along with food or after a meal or snack
- Also, try to avoid rich or spicy food
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine once my blood pressure is lower?
A: Even if your blood pressure is lowered successfully, it is better to continue the medicine. If you stop it, your blood pressure might rise back again.
Q: Can I use salt substitutes like Lo-Salt?
A: You should nt use salt substitutes such as Lo-Salt as they are high in potassium and when they get mixed with Losartan, they can increase the level of potassium.
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with this medicine?
A: Provide a history of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes, and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking. If you take antidiabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use. Aspirin and painkillers may also diminish the positive effect on blood pressure.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. Losartan Potassium 50 mg Film-coated Tablets.
- DailyMed. LOSARTAN POTASSIUM AND HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE - losartan potassium and hydrochlorothiazide tablets tablet, film coated.
- National Health Service. Losartan.
- MedlinePlus. Losartan.
- PubChem. Losartan.
- DrugBank. Losartan.
- Bethesda (MD). Losartan. 2006.
- electronic Medicines Compendium. COZAAR 25 mg Film-Coated Tablets.
Other Variants for
Losatan 50mg Tab
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved