Losar 50mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Losar 50 MG Description
Losar Tablet is an antihypertensive medicine containing Losartan as its active ingredient. It belongs to the "Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARBs)" class of medicine. It is used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems. While taking this medicine you should follow a healthy diet and should also exercise regularly.
Losar tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine unless asked to do so by your doctor. The doctor may also suggest avoiding potassium supplements during the treatment because they may raise potassium levels in the bloodstream.
So, it is necessary to keep a regular check on your blood pressure and the doctor may ask for a few kidney tests also during the treatment to check if the medicines are properly working. You should provide a complete medical history along with a family history to your doctor before starting this medicine.
|You Save||₹21.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Facial swelling, increased potassium level, rash, dizziness|
- Cosart 50mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 53.30₹ 45.3044.21% CHEAPER₹ 4.53/Tablet
- Revas 50mg Tablets 15'sBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.75₹ 121.040.62% CHEAPER₹ 8.07/Tablet
- Angizaar 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 100.50₹ 85.4229.93% CHEAPER₹ 5.69/Tablet
- Covance 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.00₹ 73.109.98% CHEAPER₹ 7.31/Tablet
- Repace 50mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 86.00₹ 73.109.98% CHEAPER₹ 7.31/Tablet
- Tozaar 50mg TabletBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 84.00₹ 71.4012.07% CHEAPER₹ 7.14/Tablet
- Losartas 50mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 112.00₹ 95.2021.8% CHEAPER₹ 6.35/Tablet
- Losium 50mg TabletBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 141.80₹ 120.5350.49% CHEAPER₹ 4.02/Tablet
- Losakind 50mg TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.82₹ 44.0545.81% CHEAPER₹ 4.41/Tablet
- Angizaar 50mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.00₹ 56.9529.8% CHEAPER₹ 5.70/Tablet
Uses of Losar 50 MG
Contraindications of Losar 50 MG
- If you are allergic to Losartan or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
Side effects of Losar 50 MG
- Vertigo or giddiness
- Increased potassium in the blood
- Anaemia (low red blood cell count)
- Kidney problem
- A sudden drop in blood sugar level
- Increase in blood urea, serum creatinine and serum potassium (in patients with heart failure)
Precautions and Warnings of Losar 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You ever had angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, throat, tongue).
- You have vomiting or diarrhoea.
- Your blood vessels leading to your kidneys are narrow or had a kidney transplant.
- You are taking medicines like Diuretics.
- You have a liver problem.
- You are suffering from heart failure or any heart disease.
- Caution is required if you are diabetic and taking medicines like Enalapril, Lisinopril, Ramipril.
Directions for Use of Losar 50 MG
Storage and disposal of Losar 50 MG
- Do not store Losar Tablet above 25°C.
- Store it in the original packaging to protect it from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
Quick Tips of Losar 50 MG
- Losar Tablet is an antihypertensive used to treat high blood pressure and also helps to reduce other heart problems.
- Take this tablet exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more or less than the recommended dose.
- Take this tablet at the same time each day to maintain consistent levels in your bloodstream.
- Do not stop taking Losar without first consulting your doctor, even if you feel well.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any side effects, such as dizziness, headache or fatigue.
- Before taking the Losar tablet, tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, as well as your complete medical history.
- Keep all doctor and laboratory appointments while taking the Losar tablet, as your blood pressure may need to be monitored regularly.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, herbs or supplements that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Dosage of Losar 50 MG
- Overdose symptoms of the Losar Tablet can include dizziness, increased levels of potassium in the blood, kidney failure, loss of consciousness.
- Seek emergency medical help if you experience any of the side effects.
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Losar 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Losar 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Losar Tablet may interact with other medicines or vice versa. Therefore, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking.
- Especially if you are on certain medications like blood thinners (warfarin or heparin), anti-cancer medicines, anti-depressants like lithium, potassium supplements or medicines containing potassium, other anti-hypertensives like water pills (furosemide), medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin etc....
- If you have diabetes, do not take aliskiren along with this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Losar Tablet and painkillers should be avoided as it may impair kidney functions
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are anti-bacterial medicines such as Trimethoprim, corticosteroids used to treat the inflamed area of body parts etc.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination schedule.
Interactions with food items
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my healthcare professional before I start treatment with Losar Tablet?
- You must give an account of your past and present diseases, especially diabetes and all the ongoing medications, supplements and herbal medicines that you are taking.
- If you take anti-diabetic medication or insulin, track your blood sugar carefully while taking losartan, particularly during the first month of its use.
- The combination of these diabetes medicines when on losartan may cause significant changes in your blood sugar levels owing to drug-drug interactions. Hence, sharing complete history is of utmost importance....
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions to be followed when I am taking Losar Tablet?
- Yes, avoid high potassium-containing foods (spinach, banana, peas, kidney beans).
- Low-salt diet preferred.
- Avoid fruits, foods and health supplements with a high potassium content.
Q: Why is Losar Tablet given?
- Cozaar 100mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- Cozaar 100mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]
- CDSCO. Losartan [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 24 May 2022]