Lonazep Md 0.25mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The active ingredient in Lonazep Md 0.25 mg is Clonazepam. Lonazep is classified under the group of drugs known as Benzodiazepines. Lonazep is primarily used to treat epilepsy (fits) and anxiety. Epilepsy is a neurological condition characterised by disturbances in the brain’s electrical activity. In comparison, anxiety disorder is characterised by excessive thoughts and worry. Anxiety is common in everyone. However if the anxiety is excessive leading to nervousness, panic attacks, sleep disturbances etc then it may be treated. Lonazep cuts down the chemicals leading to anxiety, and thus it keeps you calm. It should be used only on advice by a doctor. Avoid using it unnecessarily or without medical advice as it may lead to the development of drug tolerance, thus lowering its functioning....
|You Save||₹3.68 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Epilepsy, Anxiety, Insomnia, Muscle relaxation, Panic attacks|
|Side effects||Sedation, Drowsiness, Irritability, Lethargy.|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)
Uses of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic attacks
- Restless leg syndrome
- Muscle relaxant
- Psychosis-induced aggression
Contraindications of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
- Lonazep Md 0.25 mg should be avoided :
- If you are allergic to Benzodiazepines or any of its excipients
- If you are having glaucoma (eye related diseases)
- If you are having any liver diseases
- If you are experiencing depression
- If you are having kidney diseases
- If you are having respiratory diseases.
Side effects of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
- Disclaimer: If you experience any of the following side effects for a prolonged time or acutely, then it is recommended to consult a physician immediately
- Some of the common side effects include:
- Lack of concentration
- Some rare side effects may include:
- Increased salivation
- Decreased blood pressure
- Increased Heart rate
- Respiratory depression
- Suicidal thoughts
Precautions and Warnings of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
Can I take Lonazep Md 0.25MG during pregnancy?
Lonazep belongs to Category D drugs that may be harmful to your foetus. It should be used on advice by a physician. It is necessary to inform your physician about your pregnancy or if you are willing to become pregnant before prescription of the medicine.
Can I take Lonazep Md 0.25mg while breastfeeding?
Lonazep Md 0.25 mg can be secreted in breast milk while the mother is on medication. Hence it is preferred to take advice from a physician before breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Lonazep Md 0.25mg?
As Lonazep may cause drowsiness and sedation, it is not advised to drive while taking this medication. However the level of drowsiness and dizziness depends on the dose used for that age.
Can I consume alcohol with Lonazep Md 0.25mg?
It is strictly advised to avoid taking Lonazep Md 0.25mg with alcohol as it may cause more drowsiness, dizziness and sedation.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Lonazep should not be taken unnecessarily.
- Avoid use of excessive doses in children.
- Inform your physician about your previous treatment history before prescription.
- Inform your physician about your disease history so that your physician may prescribe the appropriate doses.
- If you are having any history of liver or kidney diseases, it is advised to have regular checkups.
- Any unusual symptoms observed should be brought to the physician’s notice.
- If you are pregnant or willing to become pregnant, inform your doctor before prescription.
- Keep it out of reach from children.
Mode of Action of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
Lonazep Md 0.25 mg belongs to a class of drugs known as Benzodiazepines which come under Sedative-Hypnotics. It works by enhancing the effects of a chemical known as GABA(Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid). GABA is a chemical that inhibits the transfer of information between the neurons, thus preventing their excitation. It, therefore, works as a Central Nervous System depressant....
Directions for Use of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
- Take Lonazep Md 0.25 mg exactly as prescribed by your physician
- Do Not exceed the dosage or do not miss the dose.
- Do not discontinue the medication until the completion of the course as directed by your physician even if the symptoms disappear.
- Take the tablet as a whole, with a glass of water.
- Do not break this tablet or chew it.
- Every time it is better to take the tablet at the same time of the day. It is advised to note down the days of consumption of the tablet in a week inorder to avoid missing the doses or to avoid overdose....
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
- Check the label for the expiry date before use.
Interactions of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Lonazep may cause life-threatening interactions with
- Opioid group of drugs like Morphine, Codeine, Fentanyl etc
- Other Central Nervous System depressant drugs
- Tuberculosis drugs like Rifampicin
- Anti HIV drugs like Ritonavir, Amprenavir
- Disulfiram( to treat alcoholism)
- If you experience any side effects or any discomfort while on this medication, then it is advised to consult a physician immediately.
Interactions with food items
You can take the Lonazep tablet with or without food. There is limited data regarding the interaction of Lonazep Md 0.25 mg with food. However, there may be interactions with multivitamins and other supplements used....
Storage and disposal of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
This medication should be stored at room temperature in a dry container. Keep it out of reach of children. Avoid exposing the medicine to heat, sunlight or moisture. Open the seal only before taking the tablet. Avoid taking the tablet which is left outside to the open air. Dispose the unused medicine. Do not flush medications down the toilet or throw it into drainage unless instructed to do so. For the safe disposal pack the medication in a black trash bag and seal it tightly before throwing it into a bin....
Dosage of Lonazep Md 0.25 MG
You can have any of the above symptoms like excessive sedation, drowsiness, irritability etc. It is advised to immediately stop taking the medication and consult a physician. It is advised not to take Lonazep tablets in doses more than recommended by a physician....
Missed a Dose
If you miss the regular dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it coincides with the timing of the next dose, then better skip it. Time gap must be maintained between the doses as recommended by the physician....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Should I take Lonazep Md 0.25mg to get sleep?
A: No, it should not be taken without any medical recommendations.
Q: I became pregnant while I was on Lonazep Md 0.25mg, should I continue using it?
A: You should bring it to your physician’s notice and follow your physician’s instructions.
Q: What happens if I suddenly stop taking Lonazep Md 0.25mg?
A: Don't stop it suddenly unless instructed by your doctor as it leads to nervousness, depression, confusion etc.
Q: Can I use any other doses of Lonazep if Lonazep Md 0.25mg is not available?
A: No, other doses of Lonazep cannot be used if Lonazep Md 0.25mg is not available as it may lead to overdose.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.