Lonazep 0.5mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Lonazep 0.5 MG Description
Lonazep is a prescription medication that belongs to a group of drugs called benzodiazepines (BZDs). Its active ingredient is Clonazepam. Lonazep is prescribed for epilepsy, panic disorders, and musc
le spasms. It is a highly potent medication and has a long duration of action. Epilepsy is a condition where the patient experiences recurrent seizures. Lonazep is effective for mild to severe seizures, especially in resistant cases. It is also effective in panic disorders for symptoms of intense fear such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, sweating, and palpitations. The symptoms may also be accompanied by a fear of crowded places or being outside of the home, known as agoraphobia. Lonazep has also been used to reduce agitation in patients with acute manic disorder. Lonazep has a high potential to cause addiction. Therefore, this drug is usually prescribed only for a short time. Taking the drug only in the dose and duration prescribed is essential. Make sure to consult your doctor before you discontinue the medication. It has also been associated with an increase in suicidal ideation. Before taking this medication, please disclose your medical and treatment history entirely to your doctor. This drug cannot be stopped suddenly without warning. Doing so might result in withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, dizziness, changes in heart rate or blood pressure and can even lead to seizures. These may be seen even if the dose is reduced.
|You Save||₹5.10 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Epilepsy, panic disorder, agoraphobia|
|Side effects||Lethargy, fatigue, sedation, drowsiness, impaired coordination, impaired balance, dizziness, confusion, irritability, loss of libido, lack of motivation, psychomotor agitation, hallucination, worsening of depression, short-term memory loss.|
Uses of Lonazep 0.5 MG
- FDA approved:
- Seizure disorder
- Panic disorder
- Off label:
- Acute mania
- Restless leg syndrome
- Involuntary muscle spasms
- Bruxism (clenching or grinding teeth)
Contraindications of Lonazep 0.5 MG
- Hypersensitivity to Clonazepam or any other BZD
- Severe liver disease
- Acute narrow-angle Glaucoma
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Sleep Apnea
- Spinal or cerebellar Ataxia
Side effects of Lonazep 0.5 MG
- Common side effects:
- Motor dysfunction (impaired coordination, impaired balance, dizziness)
- Less common side effects
- Blurring of vision
- Decreased sex drive
- Lack of motivation
- Psychomotor agitation
- Short-term memory loss and anterograde amnesia with high doses
- Occasional side effects
- personality changes
- behavioural disturbance
- Higher frequency of seizures
- Rare side effects
- paradoxical disinhibition, i.e., is excitement, rage, and impulsive behaviour
- Lonazep can also cause sexual dysfunction and depression with continued use for a long time.
Precautions and Warnings of Lonazep 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have been taking this for a long time. It is important to note that Lonazep can be a drug of abuse or misuse. Careful monitoring while on this medication is required. Talk to your doctor if you have a history of addiction or substance misuse....
- You are going through a period of loss or grief. If you have a history of depression or have ever thought about suicide, please discuss it with your doctor before starting this medication.
- You have been diagnosed with a personality disorder.
- You have to undergo any major surgery. This drug might be unsafe with general anaesthesia. If you have any major surgery planned, please tell your doctor about the same.
Mode of Action of Lonazep 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lonazep 0.5 MG
- This medication should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- It is named to take this drug on a regular schedule at the same time daily for optimal effects.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not crush, bite or break this tablet.
- If you are unsure how often to take the tablet, please confirm with the doctor before starting.
- This medication has habit-forming tendencies. Hence it is recommended to follow the directions of your treating physician precisely and have a regular follow-up.
- Use cautiously in elderly patients, patients at risk of falling, and weak patients.
Interactions of Lonazep 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Anti-anxiety medications.
- Antipsychotic medications.
- Other benzodiazepine medications.
- Certain anticonvulsant medications.
- Tricyclic antidepressant medications (such as amitriptyline)
- Medicines that may decrease the levels or effects of Lonazep.
- Carbamazepine, phenytoin, and phenobarbital.
- Opioid cough medications such as codeine, cough syrup, and other medications such as zolpidem.
- Medicines that may increase the levels of Lonazep and interfere with its metabolism.
- Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Nefazodone, Fluvoxamine, Cimetidine, and Ritonavir.
- Sedatives. Lonazep may cause drowsiness, so it should not be used with other sedative medications, such as diphenhydramine, opioid pain medication such as morphine, oxycodone, and hydrocodone.
Interactions with food items
- This medication does not have any interaction with food items. You can take the medication with or without food.