Lonazep 0.25mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lonazep tablet is commonly prescribed to treat mood disorders like anxiety disorders and depression. Lowering the frequency of epilepsy (seizures) is also one of the uses of Lonazep tablets. All mood disorders affect the way a person feels and acts. There is no specific reason behind them, and sometimes common emotional reactions like worry, anger, etc., can trigger them. The active ingredient of the Lonapam tablet is Clonazepam. It lowers the abnormal activity of exciting nerve cells in the brain. It works by balancing certain chemical messengers and inducing feelings of calmness and well-being. Lonazep tablets can cause behavioural changes and increase mood changes, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If used long-term, monitoring dosage is essential; it may also lead to physical dependency (return of symptoms when the medicine is stopped). Sleepiness, fatigue, dizziness, etc., are some of the common side effects of Lonazep tablets. Suddenly stopping Lonapam medicine can result in withdrawal symptoms like tremors, sweating, nausea, muscle pain, etc....
|You Save||₹5.53 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Anxiety disorder, seizure disorder, comorbid depression, panic disorder|
|Side effects||Dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, memory problems, confusion, depression, drowsiness, blurred vision, muscle pain, difficulty speaking, increased salivation, suicidal thoughts.|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.25 Mg)
Uses of Lonazep 0.25 MG
- As per CDSCO, Lonazep tablets are used in treating symptoms associated with:
- Major depressive disorder
- Comorbid depression(depression associated with other conditions).
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic disorders(both are mood disorders).
- Epileptic disorders like myoclonic and akinetic seizures.
Contraindications of Lonazep 0.25 MG
- If you have any allergic reaction to any ingredient of Lonazep medicine.
- If you are noticing sudden mood changes and self-harming or suicidal thoughts.
- If you have an eye condition such as narrow-angle glaucoma, this medicine will increase the fluid pressure inside the eye.
- If you have a previous history of medicine or alcohol abuse.
- If you have severe liver disease.
- If you are already pregnant or planning to get pregnant.
- If you suffer from respiratory diseases or lung conditions such as asthma or chronic pulmonary lung disease.
- If you are diagnosed with Porphyria, a blood disorder.
Side effects of Lonazep 0.25 MG
- Memory impairment
- Double vision
- Difficulty talking
- Excess salivation
- Suicidal thoughts
- Trouble breathing
- High lung secretion
Precautions and Warnings of Lonazep 0.25 MG
Can I take a Lonazep tablet during pregnancy?
No, Lonazep pills are unsafe during pregnancy. Studies have shown a definite risk to unborn babies. However, the doctor may prescribe it during life-threatening conditions. Do not take Lonazep without consulting your doctor.
Can I take a Lonazep tablet while breastfeeding?
Consult your doctor before taking Lonazep pills as it might be unsafe during breastfeeding. There is limited data on the effects of Lonazep tablets on the breastfed baby. Studies suggested that a small amount of this tablet may pass into the milk. So do not use this without consulting your doctor.
Can I drive if I’ve taken the Lonazep tablet?
No, do not drive after taking the Lonazep tablet. It might cause side effects like sleepiness, lightheadedness, and blurred vision that can affect your ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with the Lonazep tablet?
No, you cannot consume alcohol with a Lonazep tablet. It can interfere with the function of the medicine and cause serious side effects. It can also exaggerate the effects of alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You’ve a surgery or a dental procedure planned.
- You experience side effects that are persistent or worsen in time.
- You have suicidal thoughts or experience a change in mood or behaviour after taking Lonazep Tablets.
- You need to do something that requires steady focus; this medicine can cause difficulties with concentration.
- You are an older person over 65 years of age. Lonazep tablets can cause exaggerated side effects due to slow metabolism.
- You are obese. The dose needs to be monitored.
- You have kidney or liver conditions.
- You've withdrawal symptoms such as sweating, stuffy nose, vomiting, nausea, etc. The dose of Lonazep tablet needs to be slowly tapered.
Mode of Action of Lonazep 0.25 MG
How Does It Work?
The Lonazep tablet consists of a single active ingredient; clonazepam. It is a benzodiazepine (depressants) medications. It is also a tranquilliser. It functions by increasing the activity of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), a neurotransmitter (chemical messenger) in the brain. It lowers the abnormal or excessive activity of nerve cells in the brain. It also has antiepileptic (reduces seizures) and sedation activities. However, it doesn’t affect the levels of GABA in the brain....
Directions for Use of Lonazep 0.25 MG
- Take the Lonazep tablet as advised by your doctor in the prescribed dosage.
- Do not take more tablets, even if you cannot notice its effects.
- Do not try to break or chew it and swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Inform your doctor if you want to take other medications with the Lonazep tablet.
- If the package is opened, do not take it.
Interactions of Lonazep 0.25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Inform your doctor if you use sedatives or antidepressant medicines if you’re using Lonazep medicine. The reactions between these both medicines can cause unwanted effects. So a gap of at least 14 days should be maintained if you want to use any of them....
- Lonazep tablet has a lot of medicinal interactions so notify your doctor about your entire medical history.
- While using the Lonazep tablet, notify your doctor if you are in pain or have a fever. But don’t self medicate on opiates or narcotic pain relievers (such as codeine, oxycodone, fentanyl, tramadol, etc.), anti allergy medicine, cold or cough medicine with this tablet. It can cause extreme drowsiness....
- The dose needs some adjustments with antibiotics, antifungals, HIV medicine, etc. They can alter the effectiveness of Lonazep.
Interactions with food items
- It is always better to avoid drinks like coffee, energy drinks and cola. Also, avoid eating lots of chocolate. All these products contain caffeine. It is a stimulant and will lower the calming effects of the Lonazep tablet....
- Do not drink excess grapefruit juice if you are using Lonazep. It will increase the levels of Lonazep in the blood.
Storage and disposal of Lonazep 0.25 MG
Store Lonazep tablets in dry conditions at room temperature. Keep them away from humid conditions and direct sunlight. Dispose of the packaging carefully after using these tablets. Do not use Lonazep tablets if the package has been opened. Keep Lonazep tablets away from children and pets....
Dosage of Lonazep 0.25 MG
Overdose on the Lonazep tablets can cause dizziness, tremors, drowsiness, convulsions, and loss of consciousness for some time. If you overdose on Lonazep medicine and experience any of these symptoms, immediately seek emergency medical treatment from a hospital nearby....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose of the Lonazep tablet, take it as soon as possible. If you remember missing a dose of this medicine when it's already time for the next dose of Lonazep tablet, then skip the missed dose and take the next one. Don’t take both of them together, as it can cause an overdose. Talk to your doctor if you’ve any confusion about the dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use these tablets as sleeping pills?
A: Lonazep tablet is sometimes given as a sleeping pill by doctors. It is a tranquilliser and has sedation properties. However, it is only given for a short time, even for insomnia. But it is a prescribed medication, and you should not self medicate on it. Try to take it exactly in a way advised by the doctor.
Q: Will I have any addiction issues if I use the Lonazep tablet every day?
A: This tablet has addiction potential, especially if taken for a long time. Do not take this if you have a history of addiction problems such as alcohol or recreational drug abuse. Lonazep medicine is supposed to be used for a short while. Don’t take it without consulting your doctor.
Q: When will I start noticing the effects of the Lonazep tablet?
A: It will take at least a few days to start seeing the impact of the Lonazep tablet. It varies from person to person. Sleepiness, dizziness, and other side effects will be more prominent in the initial days, but they will mostly resolve once you adjust to the dose. So do not stop taking this tablet if you don't notice any side effects right away.
- S; M. Clonazepam as a therapeutic adjunct to improve the management of depression: A brief review [Internet]. Human psychopharmacology. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from
- Clonazepam: Medlineplus Drug Information [Internet]. MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine; [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from
- The efficacy and safety of clonazepam in patients with anxiety disorder taking newer antidepressants: A multicenter naturalistic study [Internet]. Clinical psychopharmacology and neuroscience : the official scientific journal of the Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology. Korean College of Neuropsychopharmacology; 2016 [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from:
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 2022 Feb 24]. Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.