Lipotar S Gel
Lipotar S Gel Description
Lipotar S Gel is a medicated preparation. It contains a combination of salicylic acid and coal tar as the active ingredient. Salicylic acid is an antiseptic and coal tar is a preservative as well as
aids in relieving itching. This Gel can soften the hard layer of skin. It is used for the treatment of various skin conditions such as eczema, red sores around the nose and mouth (impetigo), skin damage (lesions) and red scaly patches (psoriasis). Lipotar S should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor. Avoid direct contact with eyes.
Uses of Lipotar S Gel
Contraindications of Lipotar S Gel
- If you are allergic to salicylic acid, coal tar or any other ingredient of Lipotar S Gel.
- If you have any wounds, broken or skin infections.
- If you are using it for any other skin condition such as acne, inflammation of genitals, etc.
- If you are photosensitive or allergic to light.
Side effects of Lipotar S Gel
- Skin irritation
- Staining of skin
Precautions and Warnings of Lipotar S Gel
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any other topical medicine containing a similar ingredient.
- You should not use this Gel on open wounds or on a large surface area.
- You are experiencing irritation, dryness and sensitivity on the skin after applying this Gel, discontinue and consult your doctor.
- You should not apply this medicine near the eyes, eyelids, nose or mucous membranes.
- You should not smoke or go near smoke or heat after applying this Gel.
- Avoid direct sunlight, as it may lead to photosensitivity.
Mode of Action of Lipotar S Gel
How Does It Work?
- Salicylic acid improves the condition of swelling and redness in the skin and helps in shedding the hard skin or dead skin. It also improves the penetration of clobetasol into the skin.
- Coal tar provides relief from itching and also aids in softening the hard skin.
Directions for Use of Lipotar S Gel
Interactions of Lipotar S Gel
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Lipotar S Gel
- Store Lipotar S Gel below 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard the expired medicine or medicine that is no longer required.
Dosage of Lipotar S Gel
- Lipotar S Gel is for external application. Hence, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of this Gel, wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Lipotar S Gel?
Q: Can I go out on a sunny day after using Lipotar S Gel?
- Tarcilic Solution [Internet]. Leeford.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Tarcilic Soap [Internet]. Leeford.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Salicylic Acid Ointment BP - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Coal Tar (Exorex) Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]