Lipicure 80mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lipicure 80mg Tab is a hypolipidemic medicine, which belongs to the statin family of medicines and is used to decrease the levels of low-density lipoproteins (LDL) in the body. The generic name of the medicine is atorvastatin.
Uses of Lipicure 80mg Tab
The uses of Lipicure 80mg Tab are for the treatment and control of excessive levels of cholesterol, triglycerides and low-density lipoproteins (LDLs) in the body. Other uses include the management and prevention of stroke in individuals with cardiovascular diseases.
Contraindications of Lipicure 80mg Tab
- Liver disease or abnormal liver tests
- Severe kidney diseases
- Allergic to this medicine or other medicines of the statin group
- If on the treatment for hepatitis with medicines like glecaprevir/pibrentasvir
Side effects of Lipicure 80mg Tab
- Common side effects of Lipicure 80mg Tab are headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, pain in joints, muscles or back, abnormal blood test reports such as liver function and creatine kinase, throat pain and nose bleedingread less
- Rare side effects of this medicine are a lack of appetite, allergic reactions, nightmares, inability to sleep, dizziness, numbness or tingling in the fingers, rash and itching, and tiredness
- Serious side of effects of medicine can cause abnormal muscle breakdown, which is characterized by severe muscle pain, soreness and, sometimes, fever. It also includes skin rashes with blistering on palms and feet, serious illness with peeling, swelling, blistering of the skin, mouth, eyes, genitals and feverread less
Precautions and Warnings of Lipicure 80mg Tab
Can I take the medicine during pregnancy?
This medicine should not be taken during pregnancy or when someone is planning to conceive. Women of child-bearing age, who are on the prescription of this medicine, should use effective contraceptive methods.
Can I take the medicine while breastfeeding?
Though it is not known whether this medicine passes into breastmilk, it is not advised to take this medicine during breastfeeding as it can cause potential harm to the infants.
Can I drive if I have consumed the medicine?
Yes, one can drive after consuming this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine?
Excessive intake of alcohol is not advised along with the consumption of this medicine due to an increased risk of liver damage.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had taken fusidic acid in the last seven days as they together can cause serious muscle problems
- You have liver kidney problems, muscle ache, family history of muscle problems, had muscle problems with other cholesterol-lowering agents in the past
- You consume alcohol in large quantity
Mode of Action of Lipicure 80mg Tab
How Does It Work?
The composition of Lipicure 80mg Tab works by restraining the activity of an enzyme known as HMG-CoA reductase, which helps in the synthesis of cholesterol. Thus, it helps in lowering the levels of cholesterol and LDL. It also helps in the raising the levels of high-density lipoproteins (HDL), which is considered good for the body.
Directions for Use of Lipicure 80mg Tab
This medicine should be taken orally at a fixed time each day with a glass of water irrespective of food taken.
Interactions of Lipicure 80mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
This medicine increases the risk of muscle breakdown when it is taken with other cholesterol-lowering medicines such as gemfibrozil, colestipol, ezetimibe, fusidic acid (or within seven days of stopping fusidic acid) A lowest necessary dose of this medicine should be given during the prescription of medicines such as amiodarone, diltiazem or verapamil The following medicines increase the concentration of this medicine in the blood: itraconazole, voriconazole, clarithromycin, cyclosporine, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin, ritonavir, lopinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, darunavir and tipranavir/ritonavir This medicine should not be taken along with hepatitis C medicines such as glecaprevir/pibrentasvir
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice should be taken in limited quantity or should be completely avoided during the administration of this medicine. A diet with low fat contents will be helpful in keeping the levels of cholesterol under control.
Other general Interactions
This medicine should not be consumed in the conditions of pregnancy, breastfeeding, or any liver, kidney and muscle-related diseases.
Storage and disposal of Lipicure 80mg Tab
This medicine should be stored at ambient temperature between 20 and 25°C away from heat, moisture, light and reach of children. Unused and expired medicines need to be disposed via standard protocols instructed by the pharmacist.
Dosage of Lipicure 80mg Tab
Overdose of Lipicure 80mg Tab can lead to severe muscle breakdown and, thus, a doctor should be immediately consulted in that case.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, this medicine needs to be administered at the earliest or should be missed if the time of next dose is close. However, the extra dose should never be taken to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take while consuming the medicine?
A: A healthy diet with less fat content along with moderate exercise should be followed during the prescribed period of this medicine. If you continue the same after the prescribed period of this medication, your cholesterol levels will be under check. In case you are suffering from any type of diseases or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you need to inform your doctor beforehand.
Q: How can I be regular in taking my medicine?
A: Try connecting your daily rituals such as brushing your teeth or taking breakfast with the consumption of medicine so that it will serve as a reminder for you to take the medicine.
- electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC). Package leaflet: Information for the user. atorvastatin 10 mg film-coated tablets. atorvastatin 20 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 40 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin 80 mg film-coated tablets. Atorvastatin.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Drugs and Lactation Database (LactMed) [Internet]. Atorvastatin.
- National Health Service (NHS). Atorvastatin.
Other Products from this Brand
- Lipicure 10 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Lipicure 20 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Lipicure 10 Mg Strip Of 20 Tablets
- Lipicure 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Lipicure 10 Mg Strip Of 30 Tablets
- Lipicure 80 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Lipicure 5 Mg Tablet
- Lipicure 10 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Lipicure 20 Mg Tab
- Lipicure 30 Mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved