Lethyrox 50mcg Tablet
Lethyrox 50 MCG Description
Lethyrox Tablet is used for the treatment of hypothyroidism. It contains levothyroxine as its active component. Levothyroxine is a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone thyroxine produced by the thyr
oid gland. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. Take Lethyrox in the morning and as advised by your doctor. This medicine should be taken without food, preferably after waking up. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor.
- Thyroxinol 50mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 147.80₹ 118.24₹
- Thyrox 50mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 146.36₹ 124.41₹
- Thyronorm 50mcg Bottle Of 120 TabletsBy Abbott India Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 146.24₹ 124.30₹
Uses of Lethyrox 50 MCG
Contraindications of Lethyrox 50 MCG
- If you are allergic to levothyroxine or any ingredients used in Lethyrox Tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Lethyrox 50 MCG
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Lethyrox 50 MCG
- Lethyrox Tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman might require a higher dose of this particular medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancies, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor....
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or can even cause missed pregnancy. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Other General Warnings
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You come across heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is required for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Lethyrox Tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Lethyrox Tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Lethyrox 50 MCG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lethyrox 50 MCG
- Take Lethyrox Tablet on an empty stomach.
- Consume this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
Interactions of Lethyrox 50 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Lethyrox Tablet or Lethyrox itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always keep in touch with your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are going through for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin, oral contraceptives, etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Lethyrox Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4 - 5 hours with Lethyrox Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Dosage of Lethyrox 50 MCG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Lethyrox Tablet to lose weight?
Q: When should I take Lethyrox?
Q: Can I stop Lethyrox?
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
Other Products from this Brand
- Lethyrox 25 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Lethyrox 50 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Lethyrox 75 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Lethyrox 100 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Lethyrox 125 Mcg Tablets 50 S
- Lethyrox 88 Mcg Bottle Of 100 Tablets
- Lethyrox 25 Mcg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
- Lethyrox 88 Mcg Tablets 50 S
- Lethyrox 150 Mcg Tablets 50 S
- Lethyrox 12 5 Mcg Tablet