Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lesuride tablet is used to treat upper abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting and irritable bowel movement. It contains levosulpiride as the main ingredient. This medicine works by blocking the ef
fect of dopamine receptors present in the brain. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Lesuride tablets should be taken 30 mins before meals. Be cautious while driving as it can cause dizziness, drowsiness and numbness. While on this medicine it is advised to spicy, oily and junk food. You should as avoid smoking and alcohol consumption. You should adopt certain lifestyle changes along with this medicine....
Uses of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- For the treatment of upper abdominal pain and bloating (stomach acid reflux)
- Irregular emptying of the stomach in diabetic patients (diabetic gastroparesis)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irritable bowel movement, an inflammation of the intestine characterized by constipation, diarrhoea or any other intestinal disorder.
Contraindications of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you have allergic to levosulpiride or any of the ingredients present in this tablet.
- If you have pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland cancer that gives rise to high blood pressure).
- If you are suffering from bleeding or blockage of the stomach and intestine.
- If you have any psychiatric disorder such as fits, sudden change in mood.
- If you are suffering from changes in breast tissues and nodules and have a high level of prolactin hormone.
- If you are a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- This tablet should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Side effects of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Swelling of breasts in men
- Irregular menstrual cycle
- Uncontrolled involuntary muscle movements (dyskinesia)
Precautions and Warnings of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take the Lesuride tablet during pregnancy?
Please consult with your doctor before taking this medicine, if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.
Can I take a Lesuride tablet while breastfeeding?
Please consult with your doctor before taking this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Lesuride tablet?
It is advised to avoid driving while on Lesuride tablet as it may alter the ability to drive.
Can I consume alcohol with a Lesuride tablet?
You should not consume alcohol while you are taking this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any psychiatric disorder and are on medications.
- You experience dizziness, drowsiness after taking this medicine, particularly at high doses.
- You have a history or a family history of heart disease.
- You consume alcohol often.
Mode of Action of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Leisure regulates the action of the brain and controls the mechanism of the stomach by increasing the gut motility and intestinal movement hence prevents reflux.
Directions for Use of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take this medicine as a whole with a glass of water. You should take this medicine regularly at the prescribed time.
- Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Interactions of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medication that neutralises acidity in stomach (containing aluminium and magnesium hydroxide) as they may reduce the effectiveness of the Lesuride tablet.
- The effect of levosulpiride on gut motility can be altered by muscle relaxants like alkoloids, atropine, dicylomine, painkillers like codeine,opium, ibuprofen, aspirin and naproxen.
- Tell your doctor about medications, supplements, herbals you are currently taking to avoid any possible interaction.
Interactions with food items
Food may decrease the activity of the Lesuride 25mg tablet, so it is recommended to take the medication before 30mins of meal.
Other general Interactions
Food may decrease the activity of the Lesuride 25mg tablet, so it is recommended to take the medication before 30mins of a meal.
Storage and disposal of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Keep this medication out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Store in the original package in order to protect from light.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the label.
- Do not throw the medication via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use.
Dosage of Lesuride 25mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose
of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take the Lesuride tablet?
A: It is advised to take Lesuride 25mg at the same time each day as this helps to maintain a consistent level of medicine in the body, thus exhibit optimum results. You should take this medicine with water, preferably 30 mins before meal.
Q: Why is the Lesuride tablet used?
A: Lesuride 25mg is used to treat stomach acid reflux, irritable bowel movement and indigestion.
Q: How much time will the Lesuride tablet take to perform its action?
A: It may take approximately 1- 2 hours to see improvements in the patient's condition after the oral administration of the medicine, however, the result may vary depending on the individuals' physiology, disease condition and severity.
Q: Is Lesuride 25mg a sleeping pill?
A: No, Lesuride 25mg is not a sleeping pill. It is only used to treat stomach acid reflux, irritable bowel movement and indigestion.
Q: Is Lesuride 25mg used to treat bloating?
A: Yes, the Lesuride tablet can treat bloating. It acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestine.
- Sulpiride [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- Lesuride [Internet]. Scilife.biz. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- Levosulpiride Pharmacology & Usage Details | Medicine India [Internet]. Medicineindia.org. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved