Ledec 25mg Injection
Ledec 25 MG Description
Ledec Injection is used for the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women to manage bones from weakening. It contains nandrolone as its active ingredient. This medicine acts by strengthening
weak and brittle bones. This injection will be given to you in the hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting this medicine.
Uses of Ledec 25 MG
Contraindications of Ledec 25 MG
- If you are allergic to Nandrolone or any other ingredients of Ledec Injection.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning a pregnancy.
- If you have a blood disease called porphyria.
- If you are allergic to soy or peanuts.
Side effects of Ledec 25 MG
- Injection site reaction
- Swelling of ankles or feet
- Excess hair growth on the body or face
- Hoarseness or change in voice
Precautions and Warnings of Ledec 25 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are above 60 years old.
- You have kidney or lung cancer.
- You have migraine or fits (epilepsy).
- You suffer from diabetes or high blood pressure.
- You have problems with your heart, liver or kidney.
- You had or have breast cancer which may have spread to the bones.
- You are taking or about to start medicines like Prednisone, Betamethasone (used to treat rheumatic arthritis, asthma, etc).
- You notice any male characteristics (change in voice, excess hair growth on the body or face), contact your doctor urgently.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using Ledec Injection while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Mode of Action of Ledec 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ledec 25 MG
- Ledec Injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Ledec 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Ledec Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- The use of insulin or other antidiabetics along with this medicine can affect the way this medicine works. Thus close monitoring is necessary.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with blood thinners like Warfarin, heparin, etc may alter the effects of this medicine.
- Use the hormone ACTH or corticosteroids (used in arthritis, asthma, etc), medicines like Erythropoietin (used in anemia) should be used with caution along with Ledec Injection.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test (like thyroid gland), as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Ledec 25 MG
- Store Ledec Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ledec 25 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Ledec Injection contain steroid?
Q: Can Ledec be used for joint pain?
Q: What is the use of Ledec Injection?
Q: Can I take Ledec by myself?
- Deca-Durabolin Injection- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- Deca-Durabolin Injection- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 27 April 2022]