Lecet 5mg Tablet
Lecet 5 MG Description
Lecet 5mg tablet is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It is also useful to treat symptoms s
uch as allergy due to dust, pet allergies and insect bite. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely Histamine. Lecet 5mg tablet contains Levocetirizine that works by blocking the actions of Histamine. Do not use this medicine if you are allergic to Levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling heavy machinery, as this medicine might make you dizzy. Lecet tablet should be consumed in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor.
|You Save||₹11.23 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Sleepy, dry mouth, headache, fatigue|
- Okacet L TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 62.70₹ 25.0860.53% CHEAPER₹ 2.51/Tablet
- Cetcip L 5mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 67.10₹ 57.0310.38% CHEAPER₹ 5.70/Tablet
- Levocet 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 47.00₹ 39.9537.11% CHEAPER₹ 4.00/Tablet
- Kylazine 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.00₹ 15.6075.47% CHEAPER₹ 1.56/Tablet
- L Cetriver TabletBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 36.00₹ 25.2060.38% CHEAPER₹ 2.52/Tablet
- Levocetrizen 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 35.00₹ 24.5061.48% CHEAPER₹ 2.45/Tablet
- Levapp 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Apex Laboratories Private Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 56.00₹ 56.0011.95% CHEAPER₹ 5.6/Tablet
- Zipcet 5mg TabletBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 32.17₹ 27.3457.08% CHEAPER₹ 2.73/Tablet
- Jimcet 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Jimsun Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 59.00₹ 50.1521.07% CHEAPER₹ 5.02/Tablet
- Lisani 5mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Cnx Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 66.00₹ 56.1011.79% CHEAPER₹ 5.61/Tablet
Uses of Lecet 5 MG
- Lecet 5mg tablet is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust, pet allergies and insect bite.
Contraindications of Lecet 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Lecet 5mg tablet
- If you have any kidney disease
Side effects of Lecet 5 MG
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Lecet 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take for any allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Lecet 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Lecet 5 MG
- Lecet 5mg Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It is advisable to take this medicine at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Lecet 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Lecet 5 MG
- Store Lecet 5mg tablet at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lecet 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Alok Nachane
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Lecet 5mg tablet to work?
Q: Does Lecet 5mg tablet make you tired and drowsy?
Q: How long should I continue taking Lecet 5mg tablet?
Q: Can I take Lecet 5mg tablet along with paracetamol?
Q: What is Lecet tablet used for?
Q: What is the composition of Lecet tablet?
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- LactMed - Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Levocetirizine: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD [Internet]. Webmd.com. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Levocetrizine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 May 2022]