Lavotears Eye Oint
By CALIX LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTD
5g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lavotears Eye Ointment is used to provide temporary relief from irritation, burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eyes. It contains carboxymethylcellulose (carmellose) as its main component. It
acts as a lubricant and helps in restoring the natural moisture of your eyes using natural tears. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Before using these Lavotears Eye Ointment, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions....
Uses of Lavotears Eye Oint
Lavotears Eye Ointment is used for the temporary relief of burning, irritation and discomfort due to the dryness of the eyes.
Contraindications of Lavotears Eye Oint
If you are allergic to carboxymethylcellulose or any of the other ingredients of Lavotears Eye Ointment
Side effects of Lavotears Eye Oint
- Itching, irritation, redness, burning sensation in the eyes
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Lavotears Eye Oint
Can I instil Lavotears Eye Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Lavotears Eye Ointment during pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I instil Lavotears Eye Ointment while breastfeeding?
Lavotears Eye Ointment can be used while breastfeeding as this is meant for external application and the chances of its absorption are negligible.
Can I drive if I have instilled Lavotears Eye Ointment?
You may experience visual disturbances like blurred vision and an inability to recognise objects properly after using Lavotears Eye Ointment. Therefore, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol if I have instilled Lavotears Eye Ointment?
There is no information available on the interaction of this Lavotears Eye Ointment with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens after using Lavotears Eye Ointment, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- You are using any other eye medications.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow Lavotears Eye Ointment, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Lavotears Eye Oint
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. A decrease in the production of tears leads to drying of the eyes which can result in irritation, redness and itching. Carboxymethylcellulose present in Lavotears Eye Ointment due to its high viscosity prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes and reducing the dryness....Read more
Directions for Use of Lavotears Eye Oint
- Use Lavotears Eye Ointment as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Follow all the directions carefully and do not miss any doses.
- Read the instructions on the label before usage.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
Interactions of Lavotears Eye Oint
Interactions with other medicines
Tell your doctor about any other medicines, supplements or OTC products you are taking. If you use another eye drops product concomitantly with Lavotears Eye Ointment, keep a minimum gap of 15 minute
s between the application of two medicines....
Storage and disposal of Lavotears Eye Oint
- Store Lavotears Eye Ointment at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lavotears Eye Oint
As Lavotears Eye Ointment is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Lavotears Eye Ointment instil the drops as soon as you remember, if the next installation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next installation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed instillation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Lavotears Eye Ointment?
A: Lavotears Eye Ointment is used as a lubricant and in conditions causing dry eyes.
Q: Can I use Lavotears Eye Ointment frequently?
A: Lavotears Eye Ointment should be used only as frequently as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can you use Lavotears Eye Ointment at night?
A: Yes, you can use Lavotears Eye Ointment at any time of the day. However, it is important to abide by your doctor’s prescription.
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 4 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 06:59 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved