Laveta M Tablet
By ALEMBIC PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Laveta M Tablet Description
Laveta M tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used for the treatment of allergies such as runny/stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and other allergic symptoms. La
veta M tablet contains a combination of montelukast and levocetirizine as active ingredients. This medicine works by reducing the symptoms of allergy in the body. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended by your doctor. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹44.47 (22% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Sleepiness, diarrhoea, dry mouth, headache|
Check more medicines with composition as Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg) + Montelukast(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Laveta M Tablet
For the treatment of the symptoms of allergic rhinitis like runny or stuffy nose, blockage in airways, difficulty breathing, sneezing, and watery eyes.
Contraindications of Laveta M Tablet
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine, montelukast, or any ingredient of Laveta M tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Laveta M Tablet
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Laveta M Tablet
Can I take Laveta M tablet during pregnancy?
The effect of Laveta M tablet in pregnancy is not known. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Laveta M tablet while breastfeeding?
- Laveta M tablet passes into human milk. Do not take this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Laveta M tablet?
Laveta M tablet may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience any such effects after using this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Laveta M tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during treatment with Laveta M tablet as it might alter your alertness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like prednisone and prednisolone.
- You are taking painkillers like aspirin.
- You experience a rash or breathing difficulty.
- You are suffering from psychiatric illness.
- You experience anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep, and suicidal thoughts.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder completely.
Mode of Action of Laveta M Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Laveta M tablet contains a combination of montelukast and levocetirizine as active ingredients.
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which cause allergies. It reduces swelling, relaxes airways, and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks the action of a substance called histamine that is responsible for causing allergic symptoms. It also prevents the release of other allergy-causing substances in the body and provides relief....
Directions for Use of Laveta M Tablet
- Laveta M tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Laveta M Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicine may affect the way Laveta M tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicine.
- Inform your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations your child is currently taking to avoid any possible interactions.
- Particular care should be taken when taking medicines for treating fits or epilepsy like phenytoin, medicines used to treat anxiety or sleeplessness (CNS depressants) like phenobarbital, and medicines used to treat tuberculosis like rifampicin....
Storage and disposal of Laveta M Tablet
- Store Laveta M tablet below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Laveta M Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Laveta M tablet include drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst, and headache. In case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Laveta M tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one...
Dr. Ravi Kakarla
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have depression, can Laveta M tablet worsen it?
A: This medicine is known to cause side effects like anxiety, depression, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take Laveta M tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking this medicine as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: What is the use of Laveta M tablet?
A: Laveta M tablet is used for the treatment of the symptoms of allergies like runny or stuffy nose, blockage in airways, difficulty breathing, sneezing and watery eyes.
Q: Is Laveta M tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, Laveta M tablet is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-allergic medicine that is used to treat the symptoms of allergy.
- Montair LC & Montair LC kid DT / syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
- MTNL prescribing information - centaurpharma.com [Internet]. 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets [Internet]. Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets [Internet]. Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc). 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 26 Apr 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed