Lanol Er 650mg Tablet
By HETERO HEALTHCARE LIMITED
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lanol ER 650 tablet is used to reduce fever and relieve pain. It contains paracetamol (also known as Acetaminophen) as its active ingredient. It works by inhibiting the action of certain substances which causes pain and acts on the brain centre, which is responsible for controlling body temperature. Use of the Lanol ER 650 tablet for a prolonged period and in high doses is associated with serious liver damage. Do not take more than 4 doses of this medicine in a day. Take this medicine with a meal to prevent an upset stomach. The possibility of getting any side effects with the Lanol ER 650 tablet is mostly rare. However, sometimes you may experience skin rash or itching. If you experience any allergic symptoms after taking this medicine, visit your doctor or nearest hospital....
|You Save||₹3.58 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(650.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Fever and pain|
|Side effects||Skin rash, itching, blisters|
Check more medicines with composition as Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(650.0 Mg)
Uses of Lanol Er 650 MG
Lanol ER 650 tablet is used to treat fever and pain.
Contraindications of Lanol Er 650 MG
- If you are allergic to paracetamol or any of the ingredients of Lanol ER 650 tablet.
- If you are taking any other medicine that contains paracetamol.
Side effects of Lanol Er 650 MG
Side effects with Lanol ER 650 tablet are usually rare. However, you may sometimes experience a skin rash, itching and blisters, an allergic reaction and blood-related problems. There is a risk of liver and kidney damage with paracetamol if used too frequently or for long-term treatment....
Precautions and Warnings of Lanol Er 650 MG
Can I take Lanol ER 650 tablet during pregnancy?
Lanol ER 650 tablet can be used during pregnancy if recommended by your doctor. Yet, it should be used for a short duration in low doses and should not be used too frequently by pregnant women.
Can I take Lanol ER 650 tablet while breastfeeding?
Paracetamol passes into the breastmilk in a very small amount and has negligible effects on the breastfed infants. Thus, Lanol ER 650 tablet can be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lanol ER 650 tablet?
Lanol ER 650 mg tablet is not likely to affect your ability to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Lanol ER 650 tablet?
Moderate consumption of alcohol while on treatment with Lanol ER 650 tablet is usually safe. However, there is a risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics and people with liver problems. It would be best if you avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You are suffering from any infection.
- You are alcoholic or have a habit of regularly consuming alcohol in excess.
- You are suffering from chronic malnutrition.
- You should not use Lanol ER 650 if you are taking other medicines containing paracetamol. Taking too much paracetamol can cause liver damage.
Mode of Action of Lanol Er 650 MG
How Does It Work?
Lanol ER 650 tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the fever, swelling and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling body temperature....
Directions for Use of Lanol Er 650 MG
Swallow Lanol ER 650 mg Tablet whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the tablet.
Interactions of Lanol Er 650 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines such as metoclopramide or domperidone used to treat nausea or vomiting, a blood thinner such as warfarin and antibiotic such as chloramphenicol.
- Cholesterol-lowering medicines like cholestyramine should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Lanol Er 650 MG
- Store the Lanol ER 650 tablets below 25°C, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard the unused medicine appropriately.
Dosage of Lanol Er 650 MG
- Taking Lanol ER Tablet in high doses may lead to serious liver damage.
- Symptoms of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or feel you have consumed too much of Lanol ER 650 tablet.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed a dose of Lanol ER Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- Keep a gap of at least 4-6 hours between this dose and the next dose.
- If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should be taken while using Lanol ER 650 tablet?
A: Be cautious if you are a patient with liver problems, kidney problems or alcoholic, as this medicine is known to cause serious liver damage in case of overdose. Caution is needed for the elderly as well.
Q: Can Lanol ER 650 tablet be used in children?
A: No, Lanol ER 650 tablet is not meant for use in children below 12 years of age.
Q: My child, who is 3 years old, happened to consume 5 tablets of Lanol ER 650 mg. What should I do?
A: Immediately take your child to the hospital. It may take some time before symptoms of overdose appear. The physician will evaluate with help of laboratory reports and examination to check if the baby's liver is doing fine.
Q: Can Lanol ER 650 be used for cold and fever?
A: You can take Lanol ER 650 mg Tablet for controlling fever but it will not be useful for cold.
Q: What is Lanol ER 650 tablet used for?
A: Lanol ER 650 is used to relieve fever and mild-to-moderate pain. It is also used to get relief from headache, toothache, migraine, period pain and other painful conditions.
Q: Can Lanol ER 650 mg Tablet be used in elder patients?
A: Kidney and liver function in the elderly is not as optimum as in the young population. Caution is needed when giving Lanol ER 650 tablet to elderly with existing diseases. It should be used only after consulting your doctor. You should inform the doctor about all diseases the older person has (especially liver or kidney diseases). This will help the doctor decide the safe dose as per their age and kidney or liver function.
Q: How often can Lanol ER 650 tablet be taken?
A: It depends upon the condition. An adult with a healthy liver and kidney should not take this medicine more than four times a day and should always maintain a gap of 6 hours between two doses. If your fever or pain is relieved, stop taking it further. Avoid using it too frequently as it can lead to serious liver problems upon frequent and prolonged use. Do not increase the dose of this medicine if the pain or fever does not subside. It is important to find out the cause of fever or pain by consulting with a physician, as this medicine will not treat the cause of fever, it only helps regulate temperature or provides pain relief.
Q: Can I take the Lanol ER 650 tablet for body pain?
A: Yes, the Lanol ER 650 tablet will provide you relief from mild to moderate pain including body pain. However, if your body pain does not improve, reach out to your doctor asap.
Q: Is Lanol ER 650 tablet addictive?
A: No, it is not an addictive or habit-forming medicine.
Q: What does Lanol ER 650 tablet contain?
A: Lanol ER 650 tablet contains paracetamol as the active component.
Q: Is there any long-term effect of Lanol ER 650 tablet?
A: There is a risk of liver and kidney damage with paracetamol if used too frequently or for long-term treatment.
Q: When should I take Lanol ER?
A: Lanol ER can be taken before or after food. But to avoid stomach discomfort, you can consume it with food.
Q: How long does the effect of Lanol ER last?
A: Lanol ER starts acting within an hour after its oral consumption. And the effect of Lanol ER lasts for 6-7 hours. If you do not feel any improvement even after 2-3 doses of Lanol ER, inform the doctor. But do not take it endlessly on your own.
Q: How does Lanol work?
A: Lanol ER 650 tablet works by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandins, which is responsible for the fever, swelling and sensation of pain. It also acts on the area of the brain which is responsible for controlling body temperature.
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Product Information leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- Paracetamol [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 21 December 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.