Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By BIOLOGICAL E LIMITED
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets Description
Lactomox Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections like infections of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin, bone and joint and urinary tract infections. It is
used for patients at risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea. It contains amoxicillin and lactobacillus as active ingredients. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Take Lactomox as advised by your doctor. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return of the infection.
|You Save||₹4.20 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Lactobacillus Sporogenes(60.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, rashes|
Check more medicines with composition as Lactobacillus Sporogenes(60.0 Mg) + Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(125.0 Mg)
Uses of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Lactomox Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat, joint, bone and urinary tract.
- It is used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
- It is used for patients at risk of antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
Contraindications of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, lactobacillus or other components of this Lactomox Tablet.
- If you have a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines, ask the doctor.
Side effects of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Lactomox Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of the Lactomox Tablet during pregnancy. You can use the medicine in pregnancy only if prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take Lactomox Tablet while breastfeeding?
Lactomox Tablet passes into breast milk. Hence, you should be cautious and breastfeeding should be discontinued if side effects such as thrush and fungal infection of the mouth are observed in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lactomox Tablet?
You may experience dizziness that may influence the ability to drive or operate machines. Hence, avoid driving or operating machines when on treatment with Lactomox.
Can I consume alcohol with Lactomox Tablet?
No known interactions with alcohol. Discuss with the doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking medicine.
- If you have kidney disease, then dose adjustments are required.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea and fever. Even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Amoxicillin blocks the action of an enzyme responsible for cell wall formation in bacteria, thereby stopping the growth and multiplication of bacteria responsible for the infection.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes are beneficial bacteria that are already present in the intestine. It supports the natural bacterial flora of the intestine and helps in digestion and absorption. Due to the overuse of antibiotics, these friendly bacteria are also killed. Lactobacillus sporogenes helps in restoring the bacteria in the intestine....
Directions for Use of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Lactomox Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take it with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
Interactions of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lactomox Tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Lactomox Dt 125mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Overdose of Lactomox Tablet includes nausea, diarrhoea and vomiting. In case of an overdose, contact the doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure and relapse of the infection. If you miss a dose of Lactomox Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the medicine schedule....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Lactomox Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Lactomox Tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections within the abdomen and also diarrhoea associated with the use of antibiotics or this medicine.
Q: What is Lactomox Tablet used for?
- Lactomox is an antibiotic used for treating infections of the lungs, throat, airways, ears, tonsils, urinary tract, joints, bone and certain reproductive tract infections (gonorrhoea) and to reduce the risk of recurrence of an ulcer due to a bacteria, H. pylori....
- It is also used to treat diarrhoea associated with the use of antibiotics or this medicine.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed