Lacoset 50mg Tablet
Lacoset 50 MG Description
Lacoset 50 tablet is an anti-epileptic medicine. It is used to manage epilepsy or seizures. Epilepsy is a brain disorder that causes a temporary fault in the brain's electrical activity. This causes
people to have seizures and convulsions. Lacoset 50 tablet contains lacosamide as the active ingredient. It works by stabilizing the electrical activity of nerve cells in the brain which decreases the frequency of seizures. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than the recommended dose. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Lacoset 50 tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Lacoset 50 MG
Contraindications of Lacoset 50 MG
- If you are allergic to lacosamide or any ingredient of Lacoset 50 tablet.
- If you have a specific type of heartbeat problem.
Side effects of Lacoset 50 MG
- Double vision
Precautions and Warnings of Lacoset 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are getting a feeling of killing or harming yourself after taking this medicine
- You have heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeat.
- You feel dizzy and pass out often. This could increase the chances of injury. You should be very careful until you get used to this medicine.
Mode of Action of Lacoset 50 MG
How Does It Work?
- Lacoset 50 tablet works by inactivating the voltage-gated sodium channels and stabilizing the electrical activity of nerve cells in the brain. Therefore, it helps in controlling fits or seizures.
Directions for Use of Lacoset 50 MG
- Lacoset 50 tablet should be taken exactly as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Lacoset 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Lacoset 50 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- A few medicines which can increase heart activity, such as medicines for epilepsy or pain called carbamazepine, lamotrigine, or pregabalin, should be used with caution along with Lacoset 50 tablet.
- Caution is recommended when this medicine is used along with antibiotics like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, clarithromycin, rifampicin, anti-HIV medicine like ritonavir, and St John's wort, a herbal medicine used to stabilize mood....
Storage and disposal of Lacoset 50 MG
- Store Lacoset 50 tablet at room temperature.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lacoset 50 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Lacoset 50 tablet, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.