Lacoset 100mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Lacoset Tablet contains Lacosamide. It is an antiepileptic medicine used in the treatment of seizures. It works by stabilising the electrical activity of neuron cells in the brain. Common side effects of Lacoset Tablet are headache, dizziness, blurred vision and itching. Side effects are temporary and disappear on their own. If side effects bother you or there is no improvement in your condition, then consult with your doctor. Take this medicine in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor and do not stop on your own. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor about all other medicines, herbal preparations and over-the-counter medicines you are taking....
|You Save||₹26.46 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Lacosamide(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Lacoset 100 MG
- Treatment and prevention of seizures/fits in patients more than 17 years old.
Contraindications of Lacoset 100 MG
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have a specific type of heartbeat problem
Side effects of Lacoset 100 MG
- Headache, feeling dizziness
- Spinning sensation, double vision
- Lack of sleep, lack of energy
- Double vision, blurred vision, uncontrollable and rapid movements of the eyes
- Shaking, tingling or muscle spasms,
- Itching, rash, irritation, feeling drunk
- Vomiting, nausea
- Dry mouth, constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion
- Troubles with your memory, depression, confusion,
- Low feeling, disturbance in attention
- Noise in the ear like buzzing, whistling or ringing
Precautions and Warnings of Lacoset 100 MG
Can I take Lacoset Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Lacoset Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information is available on the use of Lacoset Tablet during breastfeeding. A breastfeeding woman should take this medicine only if the potential benefit for the mother outweighs the risk to the breast-fed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Lacoset Tablet?
You may feel dizziness or blurred vision while taking this medicine. It is advisable not to drive or operate machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Lacoset Tablet?
It is unsafe to drink alcohol while taking this medicine. It may impair your brain activity and cause sedation.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are getting a feeling of killing or harming yourself after taking this medicine
- You are suffering from heart problems like heart failure or irregular heartbeat. The doctor may discontinue the treatment.
- You feel dizzy and pass out often. This could increase the chances of injury. You should be very careful until you get used to this medicine.
Mode of Action of Lacoset 100 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by inactivating the voltage-gated sodium channels and stabilizing the electrical activity of neurons cells in the brain. Therefore, it helps in controlling fits or seizures.
Directions for Use of Lacoset 100 MG
Take Lacoset Tablet as instructed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Lacoset 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Few medicines which can increase the heart activity, such as medicines for epilepsy or pain called Carbamazepine, Lamotrigine or Pregabalin, should be used with caution along with Lacoset Tablet.
- Caution is recommended, when it is used along with antibiotics like Fluconazole, Itraconazole, Ketoconazole, Clarithromycin, Rifampicin, anti-HIV medicine like Ritonavir and St John's wort, a herbal medicine used to stabilise mood....
- Inform your doctor about all other medicines, including prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines and herbal preparations you are taking before starting with Lacoset Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Lacoset 100 MG
- Store Lacoset Tablet at room temperature.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Lacoset 100 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Lacoset Tablet include dizziness, vomiting, nausea, convulsion, cardiac disorders, shock or coma. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, then take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed dosage duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may increase the fits (seizure) frequency.
Q: What does Lacoset Tablet contains?
A: Lacoset Tablet contains Lacosamide. It is a medicine used to prevent and treat seizures known as fits.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.