L Hist Mont Tab
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
L-HIST Mont Tablet contains a combination of Montelukast and Levocetirizine as its active ingredients. L-HIST Mont Tablet is used to provide relief from allergic rhinitides such as a runny and stuffy nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and other allergic symptoms. This medicine blocks the release of chemical substances, Histamine and Leukotrienes that are responsible for allergic symptoms.
Uses of L Hist Mont Tab
L-HIST Mont Tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis, such as a runny or stuffy nose, blockage in airways, difficulty in breathing, sneezing and watery eyes.
Contraindications of L Hist Mont Tab
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine, cetirizine or montelukast or any other ingredients of L-HIST Mont Tablet.
- If you have kidney problems or undergoing dialysis.
- If you are unable to digest lactose and glucose (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of L Hist Mont Tab
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Blocked or runny nose
- Indigestion (dyspepsia)
Precautions and Warnings of L Hist Mont Tab
Can I take the L-HIST Mont Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of L-HIST Mont Tablet during pregnancy. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor about your pregnancy or if you think that you may be pregnant.
Can I take L-HIST Mont Tablet while breastfeeding?
A component of L-HIST Mont Tablet passes into human breast milk and may cause drowsiness in the newborn baby. It is recommended to avoid taking this medicine while breastfeeding unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Inform your doctor if you are a breast-feeding mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed L-HIST Mont Tablet?
You may feel dizziness or drowsiness after taking L-HIST Mont Tablet. Thus, it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating any machinery after taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with L-HIST Mont Tablet?
It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment as it might alter your alertness and increase side effects. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are taking medicines for allergies (corticosteroids) like Prednisone and Prednisolone.
- You are already taking painkillers like aspirin as it can increase the risk of asthma.
- You experience a rash or difficulty in breathing.
- You are suffering from a psychiatric illness.
- You are suffering from a genetic disorder called Phenylketonuria.
- You are not able to empty the bladder.
- This medicine can cause anxiety, aggression, lack of sleep and suicidal thoughts. In case you experience any of these, immediately inform your doctor.
- L-HIST Mont Tablet is not meant for relief from acute asthma. Use your inhaler for asthma relief in an acute attack.
Mode of Action of L Hist Mont Tab
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast blocks certain natural substances called leukotrienes which may cause allergies. It acts by reducing the swelling, relaxes airways and helps to make breathing easier.
- Levocetirizine blocks histamine a natural substance, which is produced by the body during allergic reactions.
Directions for Use of L Hist Mont Tab
L-HIST Mont Tablet should be consumed as instructed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. It is recommended not to cut, break or chew the medicine. Ideally, It should be taken at night. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than what has been prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of L Hist Mont Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way L-HIST Mont Tablet works or L-HIST Mont Tablet itself can lessen the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.Read less
Storage and disposal of L Hist Mont Tab
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Try to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of L Hist Mont Tab
An overdose of L-HIST Mont Tablet may cause drowsiness, aggression, restlessness, thirst and headache. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit your nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have pyschiatric disease, can L-HIST Mont tablet worsen it?
A: L-HIST Mont Tablet is known to cause side effects like anxiety, low mood, irritability and suicidal behaviour. It would be best if you are cautious as there can be an increased frequency of suicidal thoughts. In case it occurs, immediately inform your family and doctor.
Q: Can I take L-HIST Mont tablet during an asthma attack?
A: No, it will not help in an acute attack of asthma. It is advised to take appropriate rescue medicine like inhalers given by your doctor during an asthma attack. Keep taking L-HIST Mont Tablet as well and do not stop it abruptly.
Q: Is L-HIST Mont Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, L-HIST Mont Tablet is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-allergic medicine.
Q: Can L-HIST Mont Tablet be used for cold?
A: Yes, L-HIST Mont Tablet is used to treat symptoms of a cold. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine on the basis of the severity of the symptoms and your condition. Thus, you should not self-medicate.
- MONTAIR LC & MONTAIR LC KID DT / Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- MnTL Tablet [Internet]. Centaurpharma.com. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Montelukast 10 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 27 April 2021]
Last Updated on: 01 Jul 2021 | 11:50 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved