Kaypen 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By HINDUSTAN ANTIBIOTICS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Kaypen 250 MG Description
Kaypen Tablet is an antibiotic medication. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the upper respiratory tract, soft tissue, skin and scarlet fever. Kaypen Tablet contains penicillin V
as the active substance. It works by killing the infection-causing bacteria. Take Kaypen Tablet in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Always complete the entire course of antibiotics, even if you feel better, to prevent treatment failure. Before starting Kaypen Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|You Save||₹2.04 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Penicillin V(250.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Penicillin V(250.0 Mg)
Uses of Kaypen 250 MG
Kaypen Tablet is used to treat bacterial infections of the upper respiratory tract, soft tissue, skin and scarlet fever
Contraindications of Kaypen 250 MG
- If you are allergic to penicillin or any other ingredient of Kaypen Tablet.
- If you are allergic to other beta-lactam antibiotics like cephalosporins. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have a severe acute infection.
Side effects of Kaypen 250 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Kaypen 250 MG
Can I take Kaypen 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
Kaypen Tablet should only be used during pregnancy if recommended by the doctor.
Can I take Kaypen 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
Kaypen Tablet may pass into human breast milk. This medicine should only be used during breastfeeding if recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Kaypen 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Kaypen Tablet has negligible effects on driving ability. However, if you experience any effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Kaypen 250mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
Limited information is available on the interaction of Kaypen Tablet with alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice on the use of alcohol with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergies to other medicines like cephalosporins.
- You have asthma or are likely to develop hay fever, rhinitis or asthma.
- You have any illness or stomach/intestinal disorder that causes frequent nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea.
- You have a history of antibiotic-associated inflammation of the colon.
- You are taking potassium-containing medicines or potassium-sparing diuretics.
Mode of Action of Kaypen 250 MG
How Does It Work?
- Kaypen Tablet binds to certain proteins in the bacteria called penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs). This prevents the formation of the bacterial cell wall and causes the death of infection-causing bacteria....
Directions for Use of Kaypen 250 MG
- Take Kaypen Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Kaypen 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Kaypen Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Kaypen Tablet should not be used together with antibiotics that only prevent the further growth of bacteria like tetracyclines, erythromycin, chloramphenicol and sulphonamides.
- Medicines used for treating gout (probenecid, sulfinpyrazone) may increase the action of this medicine.
- There may be an increased risk of toxicity when Kaypen Tablet is used with anti-cancer medicine methotrexate.
- Particular care should be taken if you are using other antibiotics (neomycin) and oral anticoagulants (warfarin, coumarin, phenindione).
- Kaypen Tablet inactivates oral typhoid vaccine and should not be used together.
Storage and disposal of Kaypen 250 MG
- Store Kaypen Tablet in a cool and dry place below 25°C.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Kaypen 250 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Kaypen Tablet include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may increase your risk of re-infection. However, if you missed any dose of Kaypen Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Kaypen Tablet used for?
A: Kaypen Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the upper respiratory tract, soft tissue, skin and scarlet fever.
Q: When to take Kaypen Tablet?
A: Kaypen Tablet should be taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. However, it should preferably be taken at least 30 minutes before food.
Q: Can Kaypen Tablet be used in children?
A: Kaypen Tablet can be used in children only if recommended by the doctor. Your doctor will decide the dose and duration of this medicine for your child. Do not give this medicine to your child on your own.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 14 September 2022]
- Penicillin VK Tablets 250 mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 September 2022]
- PEN-VK Penicillin V Potassium (Potassium Phenoxymethyl Penicillin) [Internet]. aapharma.ca. 2022 [cited 14 September 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed