Kaircef 500mg Tablets
By PDC HEALTHCARE
20 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Kaircef 500mg Tablets Description
Cefuroxime Axetil is a higher antibiotic used for severe infections.
|You Save||₹86.62 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Cefuroxime Axetil
Uses of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
- Severe infections of tonsils, throat, sinus, ears
- Respiratory tract infections (bronchitis)
- Infection of urinary tract
- Infections of skin, soft tissue
Contraindications of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to Cefuroxime Axetil or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to Penicillin, Monobactams, Carbapenems or other Beta-Lactam antibiotic
Side effects of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
- Headache, dizziness
- Increased chances of fungal infections
- Stomach pain
- Raised liver enzyme or white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
Can I take Kaircef 500mg Tab during pregnancy?
The effect of this medicine on the fetus is not known. Do not start this medication if you are pregnant.
Can I take Kaircef 500mg Tab while breastfeeding?
- Cefuroxime Axetil passes into breast milk in small quantities
- Perceive if prescribed by your physician
- Watch for diarrhea in the breastfed baby
Can I drive if I have consumed Kaircef 500mg Tab?
It may cause dizziness. Hence caution is advised during driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Kaircef 500mg Tab?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and Cefuroxime Axetil.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience continuous diarrhea. Immediately stop taking it and report to the hospital
- You experience difficulty in breathing, rashes, swelling of face or mouth after taking this medicine
- You develop rash with blisters and peeling of skin
- You have kidney disease
- You develop white patches in your mouth
Mode of Action of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- It works by stopping bacterial cell wall synthesis
- Absence of bacterial cell wall results in the death of bacteria
Directions for Use of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
- Swallow tablet/ capsule whole with a glass of water
- The medicine should not be crushed
Interactions of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take this medicine with your acidity medicines
- It can cause the failure of contraceptive pills (OC pills). If you are taking the contraceptive pill while you are being treated with this medicine, you also need to use a barrier method of contraception (such as condoms)...
- Medicines used to treat gout (Probenecid)
- Medicines used to thin your blood (Warfarin)
Interactions with food items
Cefuroxime Axetil should be taken after a meal for better results.
Storage and disposal of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
Store Cefuroxime Axetil in a cool and dry place, to protect it from light.
Dosage of Kaircef 500mg Tablets
- Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken an overdose of this medicine
- Overdose symptoms may include damage to the brain, fits
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am allergic to Amoxicillin, can I take this medicine?
- No, if you have an allergy to Amoxicillin, never take this medicine as it can result in very severe allergic reaction
- Always inform your doctor about your allergies
Q: Can I stop taking this medicine before prescribed duration?
A: No, you must finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping the medication can make the infection harder to treat.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed