Ivepred 8mg Tablet
Ivepred 8 MG Description
Ivepred 8 tablet is used in various allergic conditions like skin allergies, asthma and lung-related problems. It contains methylprednisolone, which belongs to the class of medicines called steroids,
as its active ingredient. You should take this medicine in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. It is advised to complete the full course of the treatment as per the doctor's directions. You should not stop Ivepred 8 tablet abruptly otherwise, it can increase the risk of the symptoms returning. You may experience a few side effects like stomach pain, diarrhoea, skin rash or facial swelling, etc. while taking Ivepred 8 tablet. If you experience persistent signs or any uneasiness while using this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Ivepred 8 tablet.
|You Save||₹8.86 (14% on MRP)|
|Contains||Methylprednisone / Methylprednisolone(8.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Increased risk for infections, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers, bloating|
Uses of Ivepred 8 MG
Contraindications of Ivepred 8 MG
- If you are allergic to methylprednisolone, steroids or any other components of Ivepred 8 tablet.
- If you are suffering from any kind of infection such as infection of the lungs, throat or food pipe.
- If you recently had or have an upcoming vaccination scheduled.
- If you have any untreated infection.
Side effects of Ivepred 8 MG
- Increased risk for infections
- High blood pressure
- Stomach ulcers
- Water retention in the body
- Mood disorders
- Muscle weakness
- Thinning of the skin
- Delayed wound healing
Precautions and Warnings of Ivepred 8 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any skin allergies and rise in blood sugar levels or you are diabetic.
- You are experiencing mood disturbances, fits and other psychiatric problems including suicidal thoughts.
- You are experiencing visual disturbances and eye infections. Upon long-term use, there is a probability that you may develop a cataract.
- You are elderly, you have a heart problem, high blood pressure and cholesterol, blood clotting problems, liver and kidney diseases.
- Ivepred 8 tablet can make you more prone to infections, especially if you already have an infection (such as fungal infection, measles, chickenpox, etc) and you are taking medicines to suppress the immune response. So it is advised to discuss your condition with a doctor. ...
- Ivepred 8 tablet may cause inflammation and swelling in different parts of your gut like the stomach, pancreas and can also cause ulcers.
- Children and adolescents receiving steroids should be observed for growth abnormalities as steroids can retard the growth.
Mode of Action of Ivepred 8 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ivepred 8 MG
- Ivepred 8 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken along with meals to avoid stomach discomfort.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not stop it abruptly, as this can lead to side effects.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ivepred 8 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ivepred 8 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking anti-tubercular medicines, antibiotics, antihypertensive medicines, oral contraceptives, antacids and antidiabetic medicines.
- Immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin and Tacrolimus, you are more likely to experience side effects of either of the medicine.
- Concomitant use of painkillers can cause the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat muscle disorders (myasthenia gravis or muscle weakness) such as Distigmine, Neostigmine, and Pancuronium, if taken along with Ivepred 8 tablet, can lead to muscle weakness.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ivepred 8 MG
- Store Ivepred 8 tablet at room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after its expiry date which is mentioned on the medicine.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ivepred 8 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I inform my doctor before taking the Ivepred 8 tablet?
Q: Can I stop taking Ivepred 8 tablet on my own if I feel my symptoms are recovering?
Q: Can I take Ivepred 8 tablet every day?
Q: What should I avoid while taking Ivepred 8 tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Ivepred 8 tablet?
Q: Should Ivepred 8 tablet be taken with food?
- CDSCO - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Medrol Tablet (methylprednisolone), USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Medrone Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Lactmed - Methylprednisolone [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- Medrone Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]
- DailyMed - METHYLPREDNISOLONE tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 2 February 2022]