Ivamac 5mg Tablet
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ivamac Tablet is a heart rate-lowering medicine containing Ivabradine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat heart-related chest pain and long-term heart failure.Ivamac is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age. Take Ivamac in doses and duration prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food. You should never stop taking Ivamac Tablet on your own. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and the medicines you take....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ivamac 5mg Tablet
Uses of Ivamac 5 MG
- Heart failure
- Angina (chest pain which is related to the heart).
Contraindications of Ivamac 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Ivabradine or any other components of Ivamac Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any heart diseases.
- If you have a very low blood pressure.
- If you have any liver problems.
- If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are using medicines to treat your fungal infection (ketoconazole, itraconazole, etc), using antibiotics (clarithromycin, erythromycin), medicines to treat HIV infection (nelfinavir, ritonavir, etc), medicines to treat psychiatric illness like nefazodone, medicines to treat heart conditions (diltiazem, verapamil)....
Side effects of Ivamac 5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Increased brightness
- Slow heart rate
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ivamac 5 MG
Can I take Ivamac Tablet during pregnancy?
You should not use Ivamac as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
Can I take Ivamac Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about its use in breastfeeding mothers. Thus, it should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ivamac Tablet?
You may experience side effects like dizziness or visual disturbances while taking Ivamac. Thus, you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ivamac Tablet?
There is limited information but you must avoid consuming alcohol during treatment with Ivamac Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, stroke, etc.
- You experience symptoms like tiredness, dizziness or shortness of breath.
- You have low or uncontrolled blood pressure.
- You have any liver or kidney problems.
- You suffer from any eye disease.
- Ivamac Tablet is not recommended for use in patients who are below 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Ivamac 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Ivabradine works by reducing the heart rate so that the heart pumps more blood each time it beats.
Directions for Use of Ivamac 5 MG
Take Ivamac Tablet with a glass of water or milk. It should be taken with food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. Follow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed that dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Ivamac 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting Ivamac Tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like quinidine, amiodarone (used in heart diseases), pimozide (used to treat mental health), pentamidine (used in pneumonia) is not recommended as it may be harmful....
- You need to be cautious while using water pills like hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide, furosemide, bumetanide along with this medicine, as it may cause low heartbeats.
- This medicine should not be used along with medicines like ketoconazole (anti-fungal), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), clarithromycin (antibiotic), nefazodone (used to treat mental health), diltiazem, verapamil (used to treat high blood pressure and heart diseases)....
- Medicines like fluconazole, rifampicin, phenytoin, omeprazole, simvastatin, amlodipine, digoxin, warfarin should be used cautiously along with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit juice while on treatment with Ivamac Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ivamac 5 MG
Ivamac Tablet should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ivamac 5 MG
Excess of this medicine may cause problems like a slower heart rate. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken too much of Ivamac Tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ivamac Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
A: No, Tablet Ivamac should be taken with food to avoid stomach upset and at the same time every day to gain optimum benefit.
Q: Is the Ivamac a blood thinner?
A: No, Ivamac Tablet is not a blood thinner medicine. It works by decreasing or slowing the heart rate so that in each beat the heart can pump more blood to various parts of the body.
Q: When should I take Ivamac?
A: You should take Ivamac during the day or night, as advised by the doctor. But it's better to take this medicine at the usual time every day for optimum results.
Q: What is Ivamac used for?
A: Ivamac Tablet is used for the treatment of angina (heart-related chest pain) and chronic heart failure. It works by reducing the heart rate so that the heart pumps more blood each time it beats.
- Ivabradine Oxalate Tablets 5 mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Ivabradine Oxalate Tablets 5 mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- IVAZINE Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.