Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is a heart rate-lowering medicine containing Ivabradine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat heart-related chest pain and long-term heart failure. Avoid takin
g this medicine if you are allergic to it, have any problems with your heart, have liver problems, are pregnant or breastfeeding. This medicine is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age. Take it in doses and duration prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and the medicines you take....
Uses of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is used to treat long term heart failure & angina (chest pain which is related to the heart).
Contraindications of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to ivabradine or any other components of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are suffering from any heart diseases
- If you have a very low blood pressure
- If you have any liver problems
- If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding
- If you are using medicines to treat your fungal infection (ketoconazole, itraconazole, etc), using antibiotics (clarithromycin, erythromycin), medicines to treat HIV infection (nelfinavir, ritonavir,etc), medicines to treat psychiatric illness like nefazodone, medicines to treat heart conditions (diltiazem, verapamil)...Read more
Side effects of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Increased brightness
- Slow heart rate
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets during pregnancy?
You should not use this medicine as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. Please consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy. Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
Can I take Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about its use in breastfeeding mothers, but studies in animals have shown that Ivabradine passes into breast milk. Hence, it should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
You may experience side effects like dizziness or visual disturbances while taking this medicine. Thus, you need to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
There is limited information but you must avoid consuming alcohol during treatment with Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, stroke, etc.
- You experience symptoms like tiredness, dizziness or shortness of breath.
- You have low or uncontrolled blood pressure.
- You have any liver or kidney problems.
- You suffer from any eye disease.
- Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets is not recommended for use in patients who are below 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by reducing the heart rate so that the heart pumps more blood each time it beats.
Directions for Use of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets with a glass of water or milk. It should be taken with food. Do not break, crush or chew the medicine. It is essential to take it regularly and at a fixed time. F
ollow your doctor’s instructions and do not exceed that dose more than that recommended....
Interactions of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like quinidine, amiodarone (used in heart diseases), pimozide (used to treat mental health), pentamidine (used in pneumonia) is not recommended asit may be harmful....Read more
- You need to be cautious while using water pills like hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide, furosemide, bumetanide along with this medicine, as it may cause low heartbeats.
- This medicine should not be used along with medicines like ketoconazole (anti-fungal), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), clarithromycin (antibiotic), nefazodone (used to treat mental health), diltiazem, verapamil (used to treat high blood pressure and heart diseases)....Read more
- Medicines like fluconazole, rifampicin, phenytoin, omeprazole, simvastatin, amlodipine, digoxin, warfarin should be used cautiously along with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
You should avoid having grapefruit juice while on treatment with Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Storage and disposal of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Excess of this medicine may cause problems like a slower heart rate. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any such symptoms or feel you have taken too much of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: It is used in the treatment of long-term heart failure and also heart-related chest pain.
Q: Can Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets be used in children?
A: No, this medicine is not indicated for use in children as its safety and effectiveness has not been studied.
Q: Can Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets be taken on an empty stomach?
A: No, it has to be taken with food.
Q: Any food items to be avoided while taking Ivabrad 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets?
A: You should avoid having grapefruit juice while taking this medicine.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:45 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved