Ivabeat 5mg Tablet
Ivabeat 5 MG Description
Ivabeat Tablet is a heart rate-lowering medicine containing Ivabradine as its active ingredient. It is used to treat heart-related chest pain and long-term heart failure.Ivabeat is not recommended in
patients below 18 years of age. Take Ivabeat in doses and duration prescribed by the doctor. It must be taken with food. You should never stop taking Ivabeat Tablet on your own. Before starting this medicine, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and the medicines you take.
Uses of Ivabeat 5 MG
- Heart failure
- Angina (chest pain which is related to the heart).
Contraindications of Ivabeat 5 MG
- If you are allergic to Ivabradine or any other components of Ivabeat Tablet.
- If you are suffering from any heart diseases.
- If you have a very low blood pressure.
- If you have any liver problems.
- If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are using medicines to treat your fungal infection (ketoconazole, itraconazole, etc), using antibiotics (clarithromycin, erythromycin), medicines to treat HIV infection (nelfinavir, ritonavir, etc), medicines to treat psychiatric illness like nefazodone, medicines to treat heart conditions (diltiazem, verapamil)....
Side effects of Ivabeat 5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Blurred vision
- Increased brightness
- Slow heart rate
- Uncontrolled blood pressure
Precautions and Warnings of Ivabeat 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have any problems with your heart like irregular heartbeats, stroke, etc.
- You experience symptoms like tiredness, dizziness or shortness of breath.
- You have low or uncontrolled blood pressure.
- You have any liver or kidney problems.
- You suffer from any eye disease.
- Ivabeat Tablet is not recommended for use in patients who are below 18 years old.
Mode of Action of Ivabeat 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ivabeat 5 MG
Interactions of Ivabeat 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting Ivabeat Tablet.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with medicines like quinidine, amiodarone (used in heart diseases), pimozide (used to treat mental health), pentamidine (used in pneumonia) is not recommended as it may be harmful....
- You need to be cautious while using water pills like hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide, furosemide, bumetanide along with this medicine, as it may cause low heartbeats.
- This medicine should not be used along with medicines like ketoconazole (anti-fungal), ritonavir (used in HIV infection), clarithromycin (antibiotic), nefazodone (used to treat mental health), diltiazem, verapamil (used to treat high blood pressure and heart diseases)....
- Medicines like fluconazole, rifampicin, phenytoin, omeprazole, simvastatin, amlodipine, digoxin, warfarin should be used cautiously along with this medicine.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Ivabeat 5 MG
Dosage of Ivabeat 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ivabeat Tablet be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Is the Ivabeat a blood thinner?
Q: When should I take Ivabeat?
Q: What is Ivabeat used for?
- Ivabradine Oxalate Tablets 5 mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Ivabradine Oxalate Tablets 5 mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- IVAZINE Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]