Inspiral Sr 10mg Tablets
Inspiral Sr 10 MG Description
Inspiral SR 10 mg Tablet is used to control the symptoms of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder in both adults and children. It is a disorder characterised by impulsive behaviour, lack of concen
tration and difficulty in controlling actions, and staying quiet or still at the same level exhibited by others in the same age group. Inspiral SR 10 mg tablet contains methylphenidate as its chief ingredient. Methylphenidate is classified under a group of medications called central nervous system stimulants. It functions by altering and maintaining the balance of certain chemicals in the brain. Directions for use of Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets should be strictly followed. It should be consumed after a recommendation by a doctor. This medicine should be used with caution in people with heart, kidney, and liver disease. Dosage may change depending upon age and sex, and overall health status. It is necessary to provide the treating physician with the complete medical history and all medication being currently taken by the potential user. Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets may cause blood pressure and heart rate fluctuations. However, if the side effects of Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets become worse, it is crucial to consult the doctor.
|You Save||₹21.23 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Attention-deficit Hyperactivity Disorder|
|Side effects||Nausea, Constipation, Dryness of mouth, Headache, Loss of appetite, Pain in stomach, Vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER|
Uses of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
- Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets are used in the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Contraindications of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
- Do not take Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets or take with caution:
- If you are hypersensitive to methylphenidate
- If you have been diagnosed with a heart disease
- If you have been diagnosed with a liver disease
- If you have an overactive thyroid
- If you have high blood pressure
- If you have been diagnosed with epilepsy
- If you have been diagnosed with glaucoma (an eye disorder)
Side effects of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
- Side effects of Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets include:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have high blood pressure and take medication for it.
- You have a history of heart attacks.
- You have hypersensitivity to methylphenidate.
- You have glaucoma (an eye disorder).
- You have thyroid dysfunction.
- You take medicines for depression.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You are a nursing mother.
- You are an older adult over 65.
Mode of Action of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
- Take Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets exactly as advised by your doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot notice the effects of this medicine.
- Take Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break or chew this tablet.
- This medicine can be taken with or without food.
- Do not take Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not consume this medicine if its packaging is broken.
Interactions of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Aceclofenac with Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets increases the risk of high blood pressure.
- Taking Alimemazine with Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets increases the risk of adverse side effects.
- Taking Amifampridine with Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets increases the risk of seizures.
- Taking Antipyrine with Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets increases the chances of high blood pressure.
- Taking Aripiprazole with Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets increases the risk of adverse effects.
- Taking Tolcapone with Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets increases the risk of adverse effects.
Interactions with food items
- No food reactions are recorded. But it is essential to follow the dietary instructions of the doctor. In case of weight gain, consult a dietician and exercise regularly.
Storage and disposal of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
Dosage of Inspiral Sr 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I suddenly stop taking Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets?
Q: What should I do If I notice no benefits from Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets?
Q: I have a history of liver disease. Should I take Inspiral SR 10 mg tablets?
- New Drugs Approved by CDSCO [Internet] cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022. [cited 26 February 2022] -
- Methylphenidate: MedlinePlus Drug Information. [Internet] medlineplus.gov [cited 26 February 2022] -
- Methylphenidate: A Medicine Used to Treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) [Internet] [cited 26 February 2022] -