Gudcef Cv 100mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
6 Tablet(s) in Strip
Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S contains a combination of Cefpodoxime and Clavulanic acid. Cefpodoxime belongs to a class of medicines called Cephalosporin and Clavulanic acid belongs to beta-lactam class.
Uses of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
- Treatment of urinary tract infection
- To treat pneumonia
- To treat throat and tonsil infection
- Treatment of skin infections
- Treatment of ear infections
- It can also treat acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis
- To treat general sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea.
Contraindications of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
- If you have an allergy to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are allergic to cephalosporin class of antibiotics
- If you have an infection that is caused by bacteria Clostridium difficile
- If you have liver or kidney problems
- If you are suffering from fits.
Side effects of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash.
Precautions and Warnings of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
Can I take Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S during pregnancy?
- It is advisable not to take this medicine during pregnancy
- The safety of this medicine is not established
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S while breastfeeding?
- It is advisable not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine
- The components of this medicine pass into breast milk and can cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S?
It is advisable not to drive or use machines when you have taken this medicine as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S?
Do not take alcohol when taking this medicine as it can cause facial flushing, nausea, vomiting or a more severe reaction.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of allergic reactions to any antibiotic
- You are suffering from persistent diarrhoea when on this medicine or even after discontinuing this medicine
- You are an alcoholic.
Mode of Action of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
How Does It Work?
- Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell wall. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Cefpodoxime
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Cefpodoxime to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
This medicine should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and after meals.
Interactions of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
Interactions with other medicines
- This medicine contains Cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination
- Medicines used to treat gout-like probenecid as it may alter the way your kidney functions.
- If you are taking other medicines like Cyclosporine, Cisplatin, Indomethacin, then inform your doctor as your kidney functions need to be monitored more closely.
Storage and disposal of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place
- Please keep it in original packing in order to protect it from light
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S
- Symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea
- If you are suffering from kidney problems and you take more of this medicine, brain diseases (encephalopathy) may occur
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule
- Do not take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You need to complete the full course of medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration. If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection to reoccur.
Q: I have the flu, can I take Gudcef Cv 100mg Tab 6'S?
A: Flu is a common cold which is generally caused by viruses. This medicine only works against bacteria and not viruses. Do not self medicate, as this antibiotic is for severe infections. Seek medical help and follow your doctor's advice.
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved