Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Grilinctus syrup is a cough syrup primarily used for dry cough where there is no mucous in the throat. Grilinctus syrup is a combination of ammonium chloride, chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and guaifenesin as its active ingredients.
Uses of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
Grilinctus syrup is used for the treatment of dry cough and cough caused due to allergies.
Contraindications of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
- If you are allergic to ammonium chloride, chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, or any other ingredient of Grilinctus syrup.
- If you are currently taking psychiatric treatment, have a respiratory disorder, or prone to get such disorders.
Side effects of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach upset
Precautions and Warnings of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
Can I take Grillinctus syrup during pregnancy?
Grillinctus syrup is not recommended for use during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester as it may cause harm to the fetus. It is necessary to consult your doctor before using any medication during pregnancy.
Can I take Grillinctus syrup while breastfeeding?
Grillinctus syrup is not recommended for use in lactating mothers, as components of this syrup pass into the milk and may also affect milk production. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Grillinctus syrup?
No, it is not advisable to drive after consuming Grillinctus syrup as it causes drowsiness and dizziness, which affects the driving ability of an individual.
Can I consume alcohol with Grillinctus syrup?
No, alcohol should not be consumed with Grillinctus syrup as it increases the unwanted effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe asthma, lung infection, severe cough with a lot of secretion.
- You have been using this syrup for a long time, and there is no improvement in your condition.
- You feel restlessness, vomiting, irritation, or pain in the abdomen after taking this syrup.
- You are using any psychiatric medicines or medicines for brain disorders.
- You consume alcohol too often, or you have any dental issues.
- Grilinctus syrup should not be used for children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Grilinctus syrup contains ammonium chloride, chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, and guaifenesin.
- Ammonium chloride and guaifenesin reduce the mucous and irritation in the throat, airways, and lungs.
- Dextromethorphan acts on the brain's cough centre and reduces the urge to cough.
- Chlorpheniramine inhibits chemical substances like prostaglandins which cause swelling and irritation in the throat and lungs.
Directions for Use of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
- Take this syrup as per the doctor's recommendation.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Use a measuring cup or spoon to dispense exact quantities.
- Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Grilinctus syrup with psychiatric medicines can increase the side effects of psychiatric medicines and also increase drowsiness and dizziness.
- The risk of side effects such as confusion, shakiness, irritation and diarrhoea increases when this syrup is taken together with medicines used to treat psychotic disorders.
- Some medicines can affect the way Grilinctus syrup works, or Grilinctus syrup itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.Read less
Storage and disposal of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
- Store at room temperature, away from light and moisture
- Keep away from children and pets
Dosage of Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
Overdose of Grillintus syrup can result in symptoms like vomiting, increased thirst, headache, extreme drowsiness, fits, irregular heartbeats, reduced potassium levels, confusion, irritation and coma in the case of severe overdose. If you think you have taken an excess of this syrup or if you feel any discomfort, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of this syrup, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this syrup to compensate the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Grilinctus syrup be given to babies?
A: No, Grilinctus syrup should not be given to children under 12 years of age.
Q: Will Grilinctus syrup make me sleepy or drowsy?
A: Yes, Grilinctus syrup can make you feel sleepy and drowsy.
Q: Is Grilinctus syrup sugar-free?
A: No, Grilinctus syrup is not sugar-free, and diabetic patients should take advise of their doctor before consuming this syrup.
Q: Is Grilinctus an expectorant?
A: Yes, components of Grilinctus syrup have expectorant properties and can help in removing the mucous and reduce the irritation of lungs and throat.
Q: Is Grilinctus syrup safe during pregnancy?
A: No, Grilinctus syrup is not safe during pregnancy, especially during the last trimester. It may cause unwanted effects in the newborn baby. It is mandatory to consult a doctor before using any medication.
Q: Is Grilinctus good for dry cough?
A: Yes, Grilinctus is effective for dry cough. However, it is important to consult the doctor before using this syrup.
Q: Is grilinctus syrup for productive cough?
A: Productive cough refers to wet cough, i.e. cough accompanied by mucous. This syrup is not recommended for productive cough. It is primarily used for dry cough.
Q: What is the difference between Grilinctus syrup and Grilinctus-BM syrup?
A: Grillinctus syrup contains ammonium chloride, chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, and guaifenesin. Grilinctus-BM syrup contains bromhexine and terbutaline. Grillinctus syrup is primarily used for dry cough. Grilinctus-BM syrup is used for wet cough. However, your doctor will prescribe the appropriate medication to you as per your condition.
- Bronchial Cough Mixture - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg / 5ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Piriton Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹17.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.5 Mg),Ammonium(60.0 Mg),Dextromethorphan(5.0 Mg),Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, blurred vision, dry mouth, nausea, weakness|
Last Updated on: 29 Jun 2021 | 11:26 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved