Grilinctus Syrup 100ml
Grilinctus syrup is cough and cold medication. It is used for the treatment of the symptoms of dry, irritating and allergic cough, common cold and bronchitis. Coughing helps clear out mucous and cong
stion from your lungs. Dry cough is also known as non-productive cough. In dry cough, enough mucus is not produced, which makes your airways, throat or chest sore. Grilinctus syrup helps relieve soreness in the throat and chest by making expulsion of cough easier. It contains a combination of ammonium chloride, chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan and guaifenesin as active substances. Grilinctus syrup works by the combined action of its components. Dextromethorphan reduces the dry coughing associated with cold. Chlorpheniramine is an anti-allergic medicine that blocks certain proteins in the body that are responsible for causing itching, headache and redness of the skin. Guaifenesin helps to relieve chesty cough by loosening the mucus from the lungs and making it easier to cough up. Ammonium chloride is an expectorant that increases the water content in the windpipe, making it easier to expel the thick mucus. Take Grilinctus syrup exactly as recommended by your doctor. Shake well before use. Use a measuring cup or spoon for the exact quantity. Do not take more than the prescribed dose. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its components. Before starting Grilinctus syrup, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Also, inform the doctor about all other medicines and supplements you take.
|You Save||₹18.90 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chlorpheniramine / Chlorphenamine(2.5 Mg) + Ammonium(60.0 Mg) + Dextromethorphan(5.0 Mg) + Guaiphenesin / Guaifenesin(50.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, blurred vision, dry mouth, nausea, weakness|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
- Dry cough
- Cough caused due to allergies.
Contraindications of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
- If you are allergic to ammonium chloride, chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, guaifenesin, or any other ingredient of Grilinctus syrup.
- If you are currently taking psychiatric treatment, have a respiratory disorder, or prone to get such disorders.
Side effects of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Stomach upset
Precautions and Warnings of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
Other General Warnings
- You have severe asthma, lung infection, severe cough with a lot of secretion.
- You have been using this syrup for a long time, and there is no improvement in your condition.
- You feel restlessness, vomiting, irritation, or pain in the abdomen after taking this syrup.
- You are using any psychiatric medicines or medicines for brain disorders.
- You consume alcohol too often, or you have any dental issues.
- Grilinctus syrup should not be used for children below 12 years of age.
Directions for Use of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
- Take this syrup as per the doctor's recommendation.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Use a measuring cup or spoon to dispense exact quantities.
- Do not consume this syrup directly from the bottle.
Storage and disposal of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
- Store at room temperature, away from light and moisture
- Keep away from children and pets
Dosage of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
How Does It Work?
- Grilinctus syrup contains ammonium chloride, chlorpheniramine, dextromethorphan, and guaifenesin.
- Ammonium chloride and guaifenesin reduce the mucous and irritation in the throat, airways, and lungs.
- Dextromethorphan acts on the brain's cough centre and reduces the urge to cough.
- Chlorpheniramine inhibits chemical substances like prostaglandins which cause swelling and irritation in the throat and lungs.
Interactions of GRILINCTUS SYRUP 100ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Grilinctus syrup with psychiatric medicines can increase the side effects of psychiatric medicines and also increase drowsiness and dizziness.
- The risk of side effects such as confusion, shakiness, irritation and diarrhoea increases when this syrup is taken together with medicines used to treat psychotic disorders.
- Some medicines can affect the way Grilinctus syrup works, or Grilinctus syrup itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Grilinctus syrup be given to babies?
Q: What is dry cough?
Q: Does Grilinctus syrup help relieve fever?
Q: Can Grilinctus syrup be taken with other medications?
Q: Will Grilinctus syrup make me sleepy or drowsy?
Q: Is Grilinctus syrup sugar-free?
Q: Is Grilinctus an expectorant?
Q: Is Grilinctus syrup safe during pregnancy?
Q: Is Grilinctus good for dry cough?
Q: Is grilinctus syrup for productive cough?
Q: What is the difference between Grilinctus syrup and Grilinctus-BM syrup?
Q: Can Grilinctus syrup be used for sore throat?
Q: Does Grilinctus syrup cause palpitations?
Q: Is Grilinctus syrup effective for throat infection?
Q: When should I take Grilinctus syrup?
Q: What is the composition of Grilinctus syrup?
Q: Can I drink water after taking Grilinctus?
Q: Can a diabetic take Grilinctus?
Q: Can Grilinctus syrup be used for wet cough?
Q: Does Grilinctus have codeine?
Q: What is Grilinctus Syrup used for?
Q: Is Grilinctus addictive?
Q: Can the use of Grilinctus Syrup cause diarrhoea?
Q: Can the use of Grilinctus Syrup cause dryness in the mouth?
Q: What is Grilinctus Syrup?
- Bronchial Cough Mixture - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Benylin Dry Coughs 7.5mg / 5ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Piriton Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]
- Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. | Making healthcare work for you [Internet]. Francoindian.com. 2021 [cited 6 November 2021]