Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
1ml Injection in Pre Filled Syringe
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml contains Filgrastim as its active ingredient. It is used in patients who are undergoing treatment with chemotherapy to prevent infections. It will be given to you in a hospi
tal or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from....
Uses of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml is used to increase the count of white blood cells in your body after chemotherapy treatment to decrease the chances of you having an infection.
Contraindications of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
If you are allergic to Filgrastim or any other ingredients of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml.
Side effects of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
- Headache, fever, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation
- Tiredness, weakness, loss of appetite
- Cough, runny nose, sneezing
- Tingling or a numb feeling in the hands or legs
- Skin rash, redness, swelling
- Urinary tract infections, pain while passing urine
- Hair loss
- Pain in the mouth, throat, bone or muscle
- Altered blood pressure, chest pain, anaemia
Precautions and Warnings of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
Can I take Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml during pregnancy?
Use of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. When pregnancy is detected, inform your doctor immediately. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant before using it.
Can I take Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Filgrastim passes into human milk. Hence, do not breastfeed while taking Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml.
Can I drive if I have consumed Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml?
You may experience dizziness while on treatment with Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml. Hence, be cautious while driving and using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml?
There is no known interaction with alcohol and Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml. It is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from sickle cell anaemia.
- You are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- You have a bone disease called osteoporosis (bones become weak and brittle).
- You develop any skin allergy (rash, swelling, itching, redness) during treatment with Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml.
- You notice blood in your urine, dark-coloured urine or urinate less frequently or your face and ankles are puffed up during treatment with this medicine.
- You experience any pain in the stomach, pain below the ribs in the left side, pain in your left shoulder while on treatment.
- You have a fever, stomach pain, feel unwell, back pain, difficulty in breathing after administering Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml.
- You have Myeloid tumour (cancer of the blood and bone marrow).
- You have a condition called leucocytosis (excess of white blood cells in your blood).
- You bleed or bruise unusually while on treatment with Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml.
- During the treatment, your doctor will regularly get your blood tests done and monitor your condition.
Mode of Action of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
How Does It Work?
Filgrastim in Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml works by boosting the production of white blood cells (neutrophils) from the bone marrow.
Directions for Use of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
- Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you havea planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concomitant use of this medicine is not recommended along with 5-Fluorouracil (used to treat cancer).
- Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml should neither be used a day before or a day after the chemotherapy treatment.
Storage and disposal of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
- Store Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml
Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this
injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a
dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why can't I take Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml by myself?
A: This medicine is to be taken by injection and is given into tissue just under the skin or into the vein. So, it is always advisable to get this injection from an experienced doctor or nurse. It also needs to observe the patient for some time after injection. So, Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml should not be self-administered.
Q: For how long will I have to be on treatment with Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml?
A: You will have to continue treatment with Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml until your WBC count is normal. Your doctor may regularly ask you to get your blood tests done to monitor your condition. You need to follow all the instructions given by your doctor.
Q: What is the use of Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml?
A: Grafeel 300mcg Pfs Inj 1ml is used in chemotherapy patients to increase the white blood cell counts in your body, reducing the risk of infections.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% Off + 20% cashback on 1st medicine order + Flat Rs.100 off on min spend of Rs 749 on select styles on Myntra.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved