Glito M 15mg Tablets
Glito M 15mg Tablets Description
Glito M Sr Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication that is taken orally to improve control of blood sugar levels in adults with Type 2 diabetes. It is a condition where your pancreas does not make enou
h insulin to control your blood sugar levels and your body is unable to efficiently use its own insulin. This causes high blood sugar levels in your body, which can cause medical problems like heart disease, kidney disease, blindness and poor blood flow in your hands and legs. Glito M Sr Tablet is a combination of two active substances, pioglitazone and metformin that work to reduce blood sugar levels and control Type 2 diabetes. It is to be used only in adults older than 18 years. Take Glito M Sr Tablet exactly as recommended by your doctor.
|You Save||₹4.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Pioglitazone(15.0 Mg) + Metformin(500.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, loss of appetite|
- Pioz Mf 15mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 128.65₹ 109.35₹ 10.93/Tablet
- Piopar Mf 15mg Tablet 10'sBy Mitoch Pharma Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 72.00₹ 61.20₹ 6.12/Tablet
- Glitaris M 15mg TabletBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 88.57₹ 75.28₹ 7.53/Tablet
- Pio M 15mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Systopic Laboratories15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 64.50₹ 54.82₹ 3.65/Tablet
- Piosafe Mf 15/500mg TabletBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 91.00₹ 77.35₹ 7.74/Tablet
Uses of Glito M 15mg Tablets
Contraindications of Glito M 15mg Tablets
- If you are allergic to metformin, pioglitazone, or any other ingredient of Glito M Sr Tablet.
- If you have or had heart failure, kidney disease, or liver disease.
- If you have or had bladder cancer or visible blood in the urine.
- If you had a heart attack, shock, breathing problems, or any other disease which may reduce the amount of oxygen supplied to the body tissues.
- If you have very low blood sugar levels, diabetic ketoacidosis, or lactic acidosis.
- If you drink alcohol or alcohol-containing beverages excessively or regularly.
- If you have a severe infection or are dehydrated.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you are going to have a certain type of X-ray with an injectable dye.
Side effects of Glito M 15mg Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Glito M 15mg Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are older than 75 years, have heart disease or experience symptoms like difficulty breathing, rapid increase in weight or swelling of the hands and feet.
- You have uncontrolled diabetes or a condition known as ketosis.
- You take medicines for high blood pressure, diuretics or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines.
- You are dehydrated or anaemic.
- You have a type of diabetic eye disease called macular oedema and you notice changes in your vision.
- You have liver disease or cysts in your ovary (polycystic ovary syndrome).
- You are scheduled to undergo surgery soon.
- You develop symptoms like vomiting, stomach pain, muscle cramps, breathing difficulty, tiredness after taking this medicine.
- You experience symptoms like weakness, dizziness, increased sweating, vision disturbances, difficulty concentrating after taking this medicine.
Mode of Action of Glito M 15mg Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Glito M Sr Tablet contains a combination of pioglitazone and metformin as its active substances.
- Pioglitazone allows the body to make better use of the insulin that it produces by making the fat, muscle and liver cells more sensitive to insulin.
- Metformin stops the production of glucose and also reduces its absorption in the body.
- As a result, the level of blood sugar is reduced which helps to control Type 2 diabetes.
Directions for Use of Glito M 15mg Tablets
- Take Glito M Sr as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Glito M 15mg Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glito M Sr Tablet works, or Glito M Sr itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Glito M Sr Tablet should not be used if undergoing X-ray with a certain type of injectable dye called iodinated contrast agents.
- Care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat pain and fever (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines like ibuprofen, paracetamol), high blood pressure (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide, ramipril, losartan), heartburn (cimetidine), high cholesterol (gemfibrozil), immune system suppression (glucocorticoids), asthma (salmeterol, bambuterol)....
Storage and disposal of Glito M 15mg Tablets
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.