Glimenova 2mg Tablets
Glimenova 2 MG Description
Glimenova Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine containing glimepiride as its active ingredient. It is used for lowering the blood glucose in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus when diet & exercise
alone are not able to control your blood sugar levels. Type 2 diabetes is a health condition in which your cells don’t respond normally to insulin. Insulin is a hormone that regulates how your body utilises sugar. This leads to increased blood sugar that can further lead to serious health conditions. Glimenova Tablet it works by increasing the amount of insulin produced in the body and thus lowering elevated blood sugar. Take Glimenova Tablet in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken after having your food. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine.
- Truepride 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 63.00₹ 53.55₹ 5.36/Tablet
- Glimda 2mg TabletBy Cipla Gx10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.83₹ 49.58₹ 4.96/Tablet
- Glimp 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.73₹ 49.51₹ 4.95/Tablet
- Glador 2mg Tablets 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.15₹ 90.23₹ 6.02/Tablet
- Amaryl 2mg Tablets 30'sBy Sanofi30 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 212.65₹ 180.75₹ 6.03/Tablet
- Glimestar 2mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 37.19₹ 31.61₹ 3.16/Tablet
- Glimy 2mg Strip Of 14 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd14 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.77₹ 83.95₹ 6.0/Tablet
- Gp 2mg TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 71.01₹ 60.36₹ 6.04/Tablet
- Glimer 2mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 106.15₹ 90.23₹ 6.02/Tablet
- Glyree 2mg TabletBy Ipca Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 70.96₹ 60.32₹ 6.03/Tablet
Uses of Glimenova 2 MG
Contraindications of Glimenova 2 MG
- If you have an allergy to glimepiride or sulfonylureas or sulfonamides or any other ingredients of Glimenova Tablet.
- If you have type1 diabetes.
- If you have the following signs like fatigue, nausea, frequent urination and muscle stiffness (due to diabetic ketoacidosis).
- If you have kidney or liver disease.
Side effects of Glimenova 2 MG
- Weight gain
Precautions and Warnings of Glimenova 2 MG
- Glimenova Tablet can cause low blood sugar levels, which can lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, confusion. These can be dangerous while driving.
- Consult your doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycaemia.
- Keep a juice or a bar of chocolate in the car close to you while driving and in case you start feeling any of the above symptoms of hypoglycaemia, immediately drink the juice or eat the chocolate bar. Note that artificial sweeteners are not of any use in such scenarios....
Other General Warnings
- You experience extreme hunger, headache, nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, restlessness, aggression, reduced alertness and reaction time, confusion, shakiness, dizziness. These could be signs of low blood sugar. If you have any of these, immediately have sugar or sweet juice....
- You are suffering from severe liver disease or kidney disease.
- You have G6PD deficiency, and Glimepiride can cause hemolytic anaemia (destruction of red blood cells).
Mode of Action of Glimenova 2 MG
How Does It Work?
- Your pancreas produces a hormone called insulin. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. The cells then use it as fuel for energy. In type 2 diabetes, your body doesn’t make enough insulin or doesn’t utilize insulin properly, so the sugar is not able to enter the cells and stays in your bloodstream....
- Glimepiride increases the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. This insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Glimenova 2 MG
- Glimenova Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after a meal to reduce its side effects. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Glimenova 2 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Glimenova Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- These medicines along with Glimenova Tablet can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose levels: fluconazole, aspirin, antidiabetic medicines like metformin, insulin, warfarin, ramipril, lisinopril, allopurinol....
- These medicines can interfere with Glimenova Tablet and cause an increase in blood glucose: oestrogens, progestogens, diuretics, levothyroxine, rifampicin, glucocorticoids, chlorpromazine.
Storage and disposal of Glimenova 2 MG
- Store at room temperature in a original package
- Keep our of the reach of childrens and pets
Dosage of Glimenova 2 MG
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Glimenova Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for a missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long do I need to take Glimenova Tablet?
Q: What are the side effects of Glimenova Tablet?
- Glimcip tablet [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 26 May 2021]
- AZULIX Tablet [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- Glimepiride 1 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 26 November 2021]