Fusys 150mg Strip Of 6 Tablets
Fusys 150 MG Description
Fusys Tablet is an antifungal medicine containing Fluconazole. Fusys Tablet is used to treat fungal infections caused by various organisms of the skin, blood, urinary tract, mouth, throat and other p
arts of the body. Fluconazole acts by inhibiting the growth of the fungal cell wall, thus resulting in fungal cell death. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed timing to gain optimal benefits. Pregnant and nursing women should not take this medicine. The most common side effects of this medicine are abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, headache, diarrhoea. However, these symptoms of side effects are temporary and go away on their own. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult with your doctor.
Uses of Fusys 150 MG
Contraindications of Fusys 150 MG
- If you are allergic to Fluconazole or any other ingredients of Fusys Tablet.
- If you are taking medicines like Astemizole, Terfenadine, Cisapride, Pimozide, Quinidine, Erythromycin.
Side effects of Fusys 150 MG
- Increased liver enzymes
- Skin rash
- Liver damage (loss of appetite, vomiting, yellowing of your skin)
Precautions and Warnings of Fusys 150 MG
- Fusys Tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as it can cause potential harm to the unborn baby resulting in birth defects at high doses while threatened pregnancy at normal doses. Thus, it should be avoided during pregnancy....
- Inform your doctor if you get pregnant while on this medicine or think you may be pregnant. It is recommended to use contraception at least for one week even after stopping the medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You have liver disease or kidney diseases.
- You have heart diseases and irregular heart rhythm.
- You have abnormal electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium or magnesium) in your blood.
- You have severe skin reactions.
- You have adrenal insufficiency (a condition where the adrenal gland does not produce sufficient steroid hormone).
Mode of Action of Fusys 150 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Fusys 150 MG
Interactions of Fusys 150 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Serious interactions - Terfenadine, Voriconazole, Clarithromycin, Erythromycin, Ranolazine, Lomitapide, Donepezil, Pimozide and Quinidine. Never take Fluconazole with these medicines. When used with Fluconazole, these medicines can cause a life-threatening heart rhythm condition (torsades de pointes)....
- Medicines used as an anaesthetic like Alfentanil, Fentanyl.
- Medicines used to treat depression like Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline.
- Blood thinners like Warfarin.
- Medicines for anxiety, like Benzodiazepines (Midazolam, Triazolam).
- Medicines to treat fits like Phenytoin, Carbamazepine.
- Medicines for high blood pressure like Nifedipine, Isradipine, Amlodipine, Felodipine and Losartan.
- Medicines used for treating ovarian cancer (Olaparib).
- Medicines used to prevent an organ transplant rejection like Ciclosporin, Everolimus, Sirolimus or Tacrolimus.
- Medicines used for treating cancer (Vincristine, Vinblastine).
- Medicines used for reducing high cholesterol level (Atorvastatin, Simvastatin, and Fluvastatin).
- Medicines for treating pain and inflammation like Celecoxib, Flurbiprofen, Naproxen, Ibuprofen.
- The effect of contraceptive pills might be reduced. The addition of a barrier form of contraception is needed.
- Medicines for HIV (Saquinavir).
- Medicines to control diabetes like Chlorpropamide, Glibenclamide, Glipizide or Tolbutamide.
- Medicines to control asthma (Theophylline).
- Medicines for treating rheumatoid arthritis (Tofacitinib).
- Medicines to treat cystic fibrosis (Ivacaftor).
- Diuretics like Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Medicines used to treat irregular heartbeats (Amiodarone).
Storage and disposal of Fusys 150 MG
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Fusys 150 MG
- Symptoms of an overdose of Fusys Tablet may include feeling or seeing things that are not real (hallucination and paranoid behaviour).
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take when using Fusys Tablet?
- Tell your doctor if you are sexually active and discuss effective contraception methods.
- Fusys Tablet can make your oral contraceptive pills work less efficiently.
- Hence if you are on this medication, then use barrier methods of contraception like condoms.