Fual 10mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fual 10 MG Description
Fual Tablet improves the symptoms related to enlargement of the prostate gland in males. It is also used in case of retention of urine by relaxing the muscles of the bladder. Fual contains alfuzosin
as it's active ingredient. Do not take this medicine if you are having a history of allergy to alfuzosin or any other ingredients of this medicine, liver, kidney problems and with blood pressure lowering medicines. Do not stand up or sit up quickly from a lying or sitting position if you are on this medicine as it may cause dizziness and fainting. Tell your doctor if you are having heart, kidney or liver problems or you are undergoing any surgery specially related to eyes.
Uses of Fual 10 MG
It is used to treat the symptoms related to benign prostatic hyperplasia and acute urinary retention.
Contraindications of Fual 10 MG
- If you have a history of allergy (rashes, breathing problem, swelling of lips and tongue) to any of the content of this medicine.
- If you are taking medicines like doxazosin, indoramin, prazosin, terazosin tamsulosin, or phenoxybenzamine.
- If you feel dizzy, light-headed or faint when you stand or sit up quickly from sitting or lying position, because of drop in blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension).
- If you have liver problems
Side effects of Fual 10 MG
- Painful erection
- Irregular heart beats
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Fual 10 MG
Can I take Fual Tablet during pregnancy?
Fual Tablet should not be taken by any pregnant women in any case.
Can I take Fual Tablet while breastfeeding?
Use of Fual Tablet is contraindicated for nursing mothers.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fual Tablet?
This medicine causes dizziness and drowsiness, so don’t get involved in any activity which requires concentration like driving or using heavy machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Fual Tablet?
Chances of drowsiness increase if you take it with alcohol. In the long term this medicine also disturbs liver functioning so it is advisable to avoid use of alcohol along with this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any heart problems (like pumping problems or abnormal heart beats or rhythm).
- Your doctor may ask you to regular monitor your blood pressure during this treatment.
- You have any kidney problems (as it may aggravate the side effects of this medicine)
- You are taking other medicine to decreases the blood pressure as it may produce postural hypotension.
- You are over the age of 65 (as the chances of postural hypotension and related side effects increases).
- You have a history of painful erections of the penis, unrelated to sexual activity.
- You experience during the treatment visit your doctor as early as possible as it may damage the penile tissue and produce permanent loss of potency.
- You are undergoing any surgery specially related to eye. You have chest pain or history of it.
- This medicine should not be used in paediatric population.
Mode of Action of Fual 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a non-cancerous condition where the prostate gland enlarges. So it presses the urethra (urine tube) and produces disturbances in the urine out flow. Thus the patient presents with symptoms like difficulty in urination, incomplete evacuation of urine, dribbling, frequent urge to go to urination and weak urine stream. In some patients, prostate gland becomes so big that it completely stops the urine outflow, this condition is called Acute urine retention. ...
- Fual Tablet relaxes the muscles of the bladder and thus improves the urine outflow, so the symptoms related to benign prostatic hyperplasia and acute urine retention improves.
Directions for Use of Fual 10 MG
- Fual Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Fual 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Fual Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Concomitant use of medicines like doxazosin, indoramin, prazosin, terazosin with this medicine can result in increased side effects.
- Medicines to treat high blood pressure should not be used together as you may get symptoms like dizziness, weakness, sweating.
- Any medicine for heart problems like for chest pain (angina)
- Medicines for fungal infections like itraconazole, ketoconazole should not be used together with this medicine as they increases the side effects of Fual Tablet
- Concomitant use of medicines to treat HIV infections like ritonavir increases the side effects of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of medicines to treat bacterial infections like clarithromycin, telithromycin increases the side effects of Fual Tablet.
- Medicines to treat brain diseases like nefazodone when used together with this medicine can alter the effect of the medicine.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Fual 10 MG
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date.
- Store below 30°C in the original package.
Dosage of Fual 10 MG
Overdose may increase the side effects of medicine. If you think you have taken more than required, contact your doctor immediately. In case if you feel dizzy, lie down and once you feel normal visit the doctor. If you feel a painful erection of penis without sexual activity, get immediate medical attention...
Missed a Dose
If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Fual Tablet used for?
A: Fual Tablet is used to treat the symptoms related to the enlargement of prostate gland (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and retention of urine.
Q: How long Fual Tablet can be taken?
A: Always take this tablet in the correct dose and for the exact duration as prescribed by your doctor. You may need to take the medicine for a longer period.
Q: Can I experience dizziness after taking Fual Tablet?
A: Yes, you may feel dizzy or faint on suddenly standing from a sitting or lying position. This is known as postural hypotension. This occurs because of a sudden drop in blood pressure. So slowly get up from the lying or sitting position to avoid it. If u feel down for some time and once you feel normal visit your doctor. Your doctor may decrease the dose of medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed