Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
By MSD PHARMACEUTICALS INDIAN PRIVATE LTD
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet is a combination of Alendronate (also called Alendronic Acid) and Cholecalciferol (also known as Colecalciferol or Vitamin D3). It is used to treat osteoporosis (a type of bone disease in which bones become weak). It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet is used in the treatment of osteoporosis (a condition in which bones become weak and brittle).
Contraindications of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
- If you are allergic to Alendronic Acid (Alendronate) or Cholecalciferol or any other ingredients of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet.
- If you have low calcium levels in your blood.
- If you find it difficult to stand or sit straight for at least half an hour.
- If you have problems with your oesophagus, that makes it difficult to swallow or your food gets stuck.
Side effects of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, heartburn
- Constipation, indigestion
- Runny nose, sneezing, fever
- Loss of appetite, altered taste
- Weight loss, weakness, tiredness
- Difficulty or pain while swallowing
- Muscle pain, bone pain, joint pain
- Skin rash, itching, swelling, hair loss
- Blurred vision, watery eyes (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
Can I take Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet during pregnancy?
Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets should not be used in pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. Before using it, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
Can I take Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if this medicine passes into breastmilk. Hence, do not breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor before using Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet?
Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets may blur your vision and make you feel dizzy or sleepy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets with alcohol. However, avoid taking alcohol in an excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have had a stomach ulcer.
- You smoke or used to in the past.
- You suffer from Vitamin D deficiency.
- You have any dental and jaw problems.
- You have pain or difficulty in swallowing.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have low levels of calcium in your blood.
- You have any stomach or intestine problems.
- You have had any operation of the stomach, throat.
- You have cancer or are undergoing any chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- You are on medicines to treat your cancer like bevacizumab or thalidomide.
- You have a condition called Barrett’s oesophagus (damage to the lower part of the oesophagus).
- You are taking medicines like prednisone or dexamethasone used in asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, or other serious allergies.
- Your doctor has told you that you have a malabsorption syndrome (you may have trouble absorbing minerals in your stomach or intestines).
- Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet works by the combined action of Alendronate & Vitamin D3.
- Alendronate works by stopping the bones from becoming thinner and weaker. Thus, it helps in maintaining stronger bones and reduces the risk of broken bones.
- Vitamin D3 plays an essential role in protecting your bones by helping your body absorb calcium and phosphorus. Thus, it helps in building and keeping the bones strong.
Directions for Use of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
- Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- You should avoid consuming any food, beverages, calcium supplements, antacids, etc for at least 30 minutes after taking this medicine.
- You need to be cautious while taking Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet along with medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen (used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation).
Interactions with food items
Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets should be taken on an empty stomach.
Storage and disposal of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets. Do not use expired or damaged medicines. Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu Tablet
Excess of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets may lead to symptoms like indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, blood in vomit or stools. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or you have consumed an excessive dose of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What lifestyle changes do I need to make while suffering from osteoporosis?
A: You need to have a balanced and healthy diet. Exercise regularly and avoid or stop smoking.
Q: Can I take Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet with food?
A: No, your doctor will advise you to take Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet on an empty stomach, (preferably in the morning).
Q: For how long should I take Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets?
A: The dose and duration of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Follow your doctor's instructions. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Q: What is the use of Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet?
A: Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet is used to treat a condition called osteoporosis, in which your bones become weak and brittle.
Q: How to take Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablet?
A: Take Fosavance 70mg/5600iu tablets as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken on an empty stomach.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved