Forson 500mg Tablet
By UNISON PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
The main ingredient in the composition of Forson 500mg Tab is metformin, which is used to control blood sugar in the body for patients with type 2 diabetes.
Uses of Forson 500mg Tab
The primary uses of Forson 500mg Tab are to treat type 2 diabetes or prevent the risk of diabetes. This medicine is prescribed when one is unable to control blood sugar levels naturally through exercise and a proper diet.
Contraindications of Forson 500mg Tab
- Allergic to this medicine
- Liver and kidney ailments
- Lung, kidney or other severe infections
- Heart disease
- Type 1 diabetes
Side effects of Forson 500mg Tab
- The most common side effects of consuming Forson 500mg Tab are stomach aches, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting, decreasing appetite, weight loss, drop in vitamin B12 level, rashes, itching and hives on the skinread less
- Serious side effects of this medicine can include the excessive build-up of lactic acid in the body (with symptoms like rapid breathing, nausea, muscle weakness and vomiting) although this is a rare occurrenceread less
- Other rare effects can include low blood sugar levels, irregular liver tests and hepatitis
Precautions and Warnings of Forson 500mg Tab
Can I take these medicines during pregnancy?
It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy. Do not consume the tablets without consulting your doctor beforehand.
Can I take this medicine while breast-feeding?
Since this medicine can be passed into breast milk, it is not advised while breast-feeding.
Can I drive on this medicine?
There are chances that this medicine can lower your blood sugar beyond the required limit, which could lead to dizziness and unconsciousness. Exercise caution while driving in case you experience any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with this medicine?
Do not consume alcohol while on these tablets as it can increase the risk of low blood sugar and can lead to excessive build up of lactic acid.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You observe yellowing of the eyes or skin
- You suffer from vomiting, stomach ache, muscle weakness, breathing problems
- You experience dehydration caused due to excessive vomiting or diarrhoea. Discontinue the medicine temporarily
- You experience heart conditions, infections or liver problems which could be caused due to excess lactic acid
- You need to get an x-ray or scan to be taken, you will be advised to stop this medicine
- You are on medication to treat pains and inflammation
Mode of Action of Forson 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
In the case of type 2 diabetes, cells do not get the required amount of sugar (glucose) to produce energy as there is less insulin being released or the insulin produced is not being used efficiently. This medicine helps improve the way insulin is processed and lowers blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Forson 500mg Tab
This medicine comes as a tablet and can be taken once a day, preferably after a meal to reduce its side effects. Consult your doctor for the appropriate dosage of Forson 500mg Tab. Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Forson 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Birth control medicines
- Hormone control medicines
- Blood pressure medication
- Heart medicines
- Steroids like methylprednisolone, dexamethasone, prednisone and others
- Thyroid medication
- Furosemide and cimetidine are known to increase the side effects of this medicine
- Pain and inflammation medicines such as ibuprofen and celecoxib
Interactions with food items
There are no known interactions of this medicine with food. There maybe a need for vitamin B12 injections as this medicine can reduce the level of this vitamin.
Storage and disposal of Forson 500mg Tab
Store the tablets in the packaging/container it comes in and keep away from excess heat or moisture. This medicine should also be kept away from the reach of children.
Dosage of Forson 500mg Tab
Immediate medical attention is required in case of an overdose of Forson 500mg Tab; some of the symptoms are severe vomiting, muscle weakness and breathing issues.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose if you have missed out, make sure to take the next scheduled dose instead.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions while on this medicine?
A: None. However, it is advisable to not skip meals while taking this medication. Follow a balanced diet and get some exercise daily to maximise the effects of the tablets.
Q: How will this tablet affect me if I am already on blood thinning medication?
A: This tablet is usually not prescribed if you are taking medication for heart problems or blood thinning. Inform your doctor and pharmacist promptly if you are being treated for any condition that requires blood thinning medication.
Q: If my blood sugar drops more than required what precaution can I take?
A: It is advised to keep some sweets, fruit juices or sugar cubes handy, These fast acting carbohydrates will help in case your blood sugar level drops too low. If you feel drowsy, giddy or a lack of consciousness immediately consume one of these sweets.
Q: Can I stop the medicine if my blood sugar levels increase?
A: Your doctor will keep a regular track of your blood sugar levels. The dosage will be adjusted as necessary. Do not stop the medication unless advised by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 01:43 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved