Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
By ZYDUS HEALTHCARE LIMITED
120md Metered Dose Inhaler in Box
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler Description
Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler contains fluticasone and formoterol which are packed as a suspension in a canister for an inhaler device. This inhaler should be used as explained by your doctor for th
e treatment of breathing difficulties due to asthma and other chest conditions where there is a narrowing of airways due to long term inflammation of the airways and lining of lungs (COPD).
|You Save||₹113.44 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Fluticasone(250.0 Mcg) + Formoterol(6.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Breathing difficulties due to narrowing of the airways (COPD) and asthma|
|Side effects||Headache, thrush, sore throat|
Check more medicines with composition as Fluticasone(250.0 Mcg) + Formoterol(6.0 Mcg)
Uses of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
For the treatment of breathing difficulties due to narrowing of the airways (COPD) and asthma.
Contraindications of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- If you are allergic to fluticasone, formoterol or any ingredients listed in this medicine.
- If you have an intolerance to certain sugars (galactose intolerance).
Side effects of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Yellowish white coatings or patches on the tongue, mouth or throat (thrush)
- Sore throat
- Hoarseness of voice
- Infections of sinus, respiratory infections
- A dry mouth
- Altered taste sensation
- Shakiness of hands
- Eyesight disturbances
- Muscle cramps
- Increased heart rate
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Can I use Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler during pregnancy?
You should not use this medicine during pregnancy as it is considered unsafe for the developing baby. Consult your doctor and seek a safer alternative.
Can I use Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler while breastfeeding?
You must avoid the use of Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler if you are a breastfeeding mother. Use this medicine only if it is clearly prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler?
Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler does not influence your ability to drive. You can drive if you feel comfortable.
Can I consume alcohol with Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler?
Alcohol is not known to interact with this medicine. However, if you consume alcohol too often discuss it with your doctor.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a thyroid disease or you are diabetic.
- You are suffering from fungal, bacterial or viral infections.
- You are suffering from high blood pressure or heart diseases.
- You have low levels of potassium in the blood.
- You are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- You have eye problems like glaucoma or cataract.
- You have disorders related to the immune system, kidney or liver.
- You are taking any other steroid medicines orally or an injectable.
- You notice worsening of symptoms after using this inhaler.
Mode of Action of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
How Does It Work?
Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler contains a steroid medicine fluticasone which reduces the swelling and irritation of airways while Formoterol helps in widening of the air passage. Together both these medicines make breathing easy and provide relief in the symptoms of shortness of breath, difficulty in breathing, wheezing, etc. in patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)....
Directions for Use of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Learn the proper technique of using Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler from your doctor, if possible use it in front of them for the first time so that they may check.
- The medicine is packed in the inhaler and you need to puff it through your mouth deep into your airways.
Interactions of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of some blood pressure-lowering medicines (propranolol, atenolol, water pills) along with Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler should be done with caution.
- Medicines to treat fungal and bacterial infections (ketoconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin) and antiviral medicines (ritonavir, cobicistat-containing products) may worsen the side effects if given along with this inhaler....
- If steroid tablets or injections are going on, the use of inhalers should be done judiciously as it may add up to side effects.
- Tell your doctor about all ongoing medicines and herbal supplements before you start this treatment.
Storage and disposal of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Formosone 250mcg Box Of 120md Metered Dose Inhaler
If you have taken too much of this medicine then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately as you may face some serious complications.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine then take it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose then skip the missed dose and follow your regular dosing schedule.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler contain steroids?
- Yes, Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler contains a steroid medicine that is very effective in improving the symptoms of breathing difficulties due to asthma. Inhaled steroids have comparatively lesser side effects than steroid tablets or injections....
Q: What precautions should I take while using Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler?
- Make sure you always keep Formosone Metered-Dose Inhaler with you.
- Get a new refill/inhaler well in advance.
- Make sure you are using it in the correct way.
- If you observe any worsening of symptoms or side effects, inform your doctor about it.
- Rinse your mouth, after 15 minutes of using an inhaler every time.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Ciplamed. Maxiflo [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Fluticasone+Formoterol - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- CDSCO.Fluticasone+Formoterol [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
- Breathefree breathefree.com Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 25 May 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed