Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
By ZYDUS CADILA HEALTHCARE LTD
30 Inhalation Capsule(s) in Box
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules Description
Formonide 400 respicaps is used to relieve symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc., in adults and adolescents (1
2 years and older). It contains a combination of formoterol and budesonide as active substances. Formonide 400 respicaps should be used exactly as prescribed. Do not stop using this medicine on your own. Before using this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your complete medical history. Formonide 400 respicaps are not to be swallowed and should be used through Respihaler only.
|You Save||₹35.99 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Budesonide(400.0 Mcg) + Formoterol(6.0 Mcg)|
|Uses||Asthma and COPD|
|Side effects||Headache, coughing, throat irritation|
Check more medicines with composition as Budesonide(400.0 Mcg) + Formoterol(6.0 Mcg)
Uses of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
Formonide 400 respicaps is used to provide relief of symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc. in adults and adolescents (12 years and older)...
Contraindications of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- If you are known to be allergic to formoterol, budesonide or any other ingredient of Formonide 400 respicaps.
- If you are suffering from acute breathlessness as seen in a severe attack of asthma or COPD or cases of a collapsed airway.
Side effects of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Throat irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
Can I use Formonide 400 respicaps during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effects of Formonide 400 respicaps on human pregnancy. You will be prescribed this medicine by your doctor only after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I use Formonide 400 respicaps while breastfeeding?
Formonide 400 respicaps may pass into human breast milk. You should consult your doctor before using this while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have used Formonide 400 respicaps?
Formonide 400 respicaps may make you dizzy. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Formonide 400 respicaps?
It is recommended to avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Formonide 400 respicaps, as it may worsen your condition.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems.
- You have diabetes or a lung infection.
- You have problems with your heart like high blood pressure, heart failure, etc.
- Your asthma condition is suddenly worsening.
- You have an overactive thyroid gland.
- You have a low blood potassium level.
- You feel that the treatment is ineffective.
- You are on any medicines that suppress immunity; there is an increased chance of developing infections. Necessary vaccinations and care should be taken to avoid this.
- Orally inhaled steroidal medicines may cause growth retardation in children. Hence, growth monitoring is recommended.
Mode of Action of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Formonide 400 respicaps works by the combined action of formoterol and budesonide.
- Budesonide is a corticosteroid medicine, which on inhalation reduces inflammation in the airways. This reduces the chances of worsening asthma.
- Formoterol acts on the muscles in the airway tract. In the presence of inflammation (like in asthma), these muscles lead to constriction of the airway and cause breathlessness. Formoterol relaxes these muscles and allows the opening of the airway, thus relieving breathlessness....
Directions for Use of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Use Formonide 400 respicaps as recommended by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Do not use Formonide 400 respicaps more often than prescribed.
Interactions of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Formonide 400 respicaps works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Formonide 400 respicaps along with medicines such as ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine), ritonavir (used in HIV infection) and clarithromycin (antibiotic) should be avoided as it may alter the effects of this medicine....
- The effect of this medicine can be weakened by some medicines used to control blood pressure or treat heart-related illnesses like propranolol, atenolol and others belonging to the same class.
- Concomitant treatment with quinidine, disopyramide, procainamide, phenothiazines, antihistamines (like terfenadine), medicines used in psychiatric illness like isocarboxazid, doxepin can lead to increased chances of developing disorders related to the heart rhythm....
- You may be at an increased risk of experiencing cardiac side effects when taking L-dopa (used in Parkinson’s diseases) and L-thyroxine (thyroid hormone) along with Formonide 400 respicaps.
- Medicines like procarbazine (anti-cancer) can lead to a rise in blood pressure if used simultaneously with this medicine. It is important to inform your anesthetist about your asthma medications to avoid interactions of this medicine with some anesthetic agents (like diazepam and amobarbital)....
- Low potassium levels caused due to this medicine may lead to increased chances of heart disorders if you are taking digitalis (used for heart failure). Also, water pills except the potassium-sparing ones lead to a lowering of potassium in the body....
Storage and disposal of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- Store Formonide 400 respicaps below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Formonide 400mcg Respicaps Bottle Of 30 Inhalation Capsules
- The symptoms of an overdose of Formonide 400 respicaps are headache, nausea, vomiting, increased heartbeats, increased blood glucose and low potassium levels.
- Consult your doctor if you experience any symptoms or think may have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
- If you miss any dose of Formonide 400 respicaps, take it as soon as you remember.
- However, if it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Formonide 400 respicaps?
A: Formonide 400 respicaps contains two medicines - formoterol and budesonide as the active components.
Q: Is Formonide 400 respicaps safe during pregnancy?
A: There is limited information about the safety of Formonide 400 respicaps during pregnancy. However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is needed after assessing the need and the risk. . You should always consult a doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy.
Q: How long can I use Formonide 400 respicaps?
A: You should use Formonide 400 respicaps for as long as your doctor recommends. The doctor will decide how often you need to use your inhaler on the basis of an underlying condition. do not stop using this medicine on your own.
Q: What is Formonide 400 used for?
A: Formonide 400 respicaps is used to provide relief of symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) like wheezing, shortness of breath, chest tightness, etc. in adults and adolescents (12 years and older)
- FORACORT Rotacaps (Formoterol fumarate dihydrate + Budesonide) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- Symbicort Turbohaler 200/6 Inhalation powder - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- Dailymed - BUDESONIDE AND FORMOTEROL FUMARATE DIHYDRATE aerosol [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- SYMBICORT® (budesonide and formoterol fumarate dihydrate) Inhalation Aerosol, for oral inhalation use, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 September 2022]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- FORMONIDE 6/200MCG BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORMONIDE 200MCG BOX OF 30 RESPICAPS
- FORMONIDE 0.5MG 2ML PACKET OF 7 RESPULES
- FORMONIDE 400MCG BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORMONIDE 1MG 2ML PACKET OF 7 RESPULES
- FORMONIDE FORTE BOX OF 30 RESPICAPS
- FORMONIDE 100MCG BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORMONIDE FORTE BOX OF 120MD METERED DOSE INHALER
- FORMONIDE 6/200MCG NOVOCART BOX OF 100MD METERED DOSE INHALER
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed