Forminal Plus Tablet
Forminal Plus Tablet Description
Forminal Plus Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It contains a combination of gliclazide and metformin as active ingredients. It is used along with a healthy
diet and regular exercise for the control of high blood sugar in patients having diabetes. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the duration that it is prescribed for by your doctor. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Also, it is suggested to keep a regular check on blood sugar level during the treatment, either in laboratory or at home if you have the blood glucometer with you.
- Gli M Strip Of 10 Tablets ( Zydus)By Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 105.85₹ 74.09₹
- Gluconorm Z 80mg Tablet 15'sBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 135.00₹ 114.75₹
- Glizid M TabletBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 139.60₹ 118.66₹
- Glizihenz M 80 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 141.00₹ 141.00₹
- Cyblex M 80 Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.16₹ 109.79₹
- K Gem Tablets 15'sBy Blue Cross Laboratories Private Limited15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 57.00₹ 48.45₹
- Glizid M Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 168.25₹ 143.01₹
- Reclimet Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 211.50₹ 179.77₹
- Nuzide M TabletBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 98.00₹ 82.32₹
- Euclide M Tablet 15'sBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 225.00₹ 191.25₹
Uses of Forminal Plus Tablet
Contraindications of Forminal Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of Forminal Plus Tablet.
- If you have any existing medical condition like liver or kidney related problem, any kind of heart disorder, lungs disease or blood-related disorder etc.
- If you consume alcohol in excess.
- If you have diabetic pre-coma.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have a planned surgery.
Side effects of Forminal Plus Tablet
- Hot flushes
- Impaired taste
Precautions and Warnings of Forminal Plus Tablet
- It is not safe to take this medicine during pregnancy, as it can harm the unborn baby. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
- Mostly, in pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred over any oral medicines.
- No information is available on the ability to drive or use machines. However, do not drive until you know how the medicine affects you.
- It is suggested to keep sugar or a bar of chocolate in your car with you always, while driving.
- In case you experience any of the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving immediately and have sugar/ juice..
- It is advisable not to consume alcohol when you are taking this medicine as it interferes with the way Forminal Plus Tablet works.
- Consumption of alcohol during the treatment may lead to an increased risk of low blood glucose level.
Other General Warnings
- You have any known medical condition like liver or kidney related, heart disorder etc.
- You have planned a surgery or undergone through surgery.
- You have a history of allergic reaction due to any medicine.
Mode of Action of Forminal Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Forminal Plus Tablet
- Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or milk.
- Take this medicine preferably with food or just before the food, as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking Forminal Plus Tablet on your own, without informing your doctor.
- Take your medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it, in order to avoid missing the dose.
Interactions of Forminal Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Forminal Plus Tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, including all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....
- Especially if you are taking any other anti-diabetic medicines like insulin, water pills, anti-hypertensives, medicines for brain and heart-related disorders, anti-epileptic medicines, anti-tuberculosis medicines etc....
- Other medicines which may interact with Forminal Plus Tablet are painkillers, oral contraceptives, antidepressants like alprazolam etc.
Storage and disposal of Forminal Plus Tablet
- Store the medicine below 25°C.
- Keep it in cool and dry place.
Dosage of Forminal Plus Tablet
- Overdose of Forminal Plus Tablet can lead to drastic drop in blood sugar level, sweating, drowsiness, irregular heart beat, tremors etc.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have the blood glucometer with you, test immediately and confirm.
- Whether or not you test your levels, it is important to take some glucose water/juice or chocolates immediately and then rush to your doctor.
Missed a Dose
- Missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels which can cause symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness etc.
- If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one as taking double dose can cause a drastic fall in blood glucose which can be dangerous.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What diet should I follow being a diabetic patient?
- A diet should be high in fibre, low in fat with adequate protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
- Maintain the regular meal timings and try to have 2-3 healthy snacks between meals like soups and salads.
- Diet should include boiled, steamed, or baked food.
- Ensure moderate use of edible oils (groundnut oil, olive oil), very less use of ghee and butter.
- Drink at least 8-10 glass of water daily
Q: What should I avoid in my diet?
- Do not shop when you are hungry. You could be tempted to buy oil and fried food.
- Avoid overeating
- Avoid maida, white bread, potato, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice etc.
- Avoid creams soups, carrot juice, deep fried vegetables, vegetable curries with excess oil
- Avoid Seetaphal, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts
Q: I develop low blood sugar levels often, what could be the possible reasons?
- Risk factors for developing low blood glucose levels include not taking adequate meals or missing meals, too much alcohol consumption, taking other anti-diabetic medicines, fever and too much exercise....
- Report to your doctor about these episodes. You may need a dose of adjustment.