Folvite 5mg Strip Of 45 Tablets
By PFIZER LTD
45 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
9 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Folvite medicine contains vitamin B9, also known as folate or folic acid. The vitamin is water-soluble and is found in many foods. Folic acid has various roles in the body such as it is essential for the development of healthy red blood cells, growth and development, production of body's genetic structure like DNA and RNA, cell, tissue growth during pregnancy, foetal development, and adolescence. It is crucial for the proper functioning of the brain and also improves mental and emotional health. Low levels of vitamin B9 results in mouth ulcers, numbness of extremities, tiredness, fatigue, and many more.
Ingredients and Benefits
Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid: One of the essential vitamins which play a role in DNA and amino acids synthesis. It is important for cell division and the development of blood cells. It is essential in the development of the brain and spinal cord of a growing baby and lack of this during pregnancy may lead to birth defects.
Uses of Folvite 5mg Strip Of 45 Tablets
- The treatment and prevention of iron and folic acid deficiency like anaemia characterised by weakness, fatigue, breathing problems, headache, irritability, and difficulty in concentration.
- Supplement to prevent nutritional deficiency during pregnancy, breastfeeding after surgery or conditions of nutritional malabsorption.
Precautions and Warnings of Folvite 5mg Strip Of 45 Tablets
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a medical condition or family history of medical conditions.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following other complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take the supplement if you are allergic to the component of the supplement.
- You have planned surgery or operation. You may be asked to stop taking the products at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- The supplements are intended to supplement the diets of people and should not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and healthy lifestyle.
Directions for Use of Folvite 5mg Strip Of 45 Tablets
- Take the supplement as advised by the doctor.
- Preferably take it an hour before the meal, avoid taking tea or coffee along with the supplement.
- Stop consuming dietary supplements more than the state daily dose.
Storage and disposal of Folvite 5mg Strip Of 45 Tablets
- Store at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What are the natural sources of Folic acid?
- Meat, liver, egg, seafood, dairy products etc.
- Vegetables, leafy greens, spinach, lettuce, asparagus, brussels sprouts, spinach, and mustard green.
- Fruits like bananas, melons, strawberries, fruit juices (especially lemon, oranges, and orange juice).
- Nuts, beans, peas, peanuts, blackeyed peas, and kidney beans.
Q: Why Is Folic Acid important for pregnant women?
A: Folic acid may help to prevent birth defects in the brain or spine. The structures are formed on the baby’s neural tube early in pregnancy, thus it is crucial to get enough folic acid in the first trimester.
Q: Which are the signs of anaemia due to folic acid deficiency?
A: Folate or folic acid deficiency may lead to anaemia and cause symptoms like lack of energy, pale skin, decreased appetite, diarrhoea, irritability or a smooth tender tongue
Q: Can Folvite tablet cause a period delay?
A: Folvite medicine would not cause a delay in periods. This is a vitamin supplement used to improve low red blood cell level in the body.
Q: When should I take the Folvite tablet?
A: Take Folvite tablet as prescribed by the doctor for the prescribed duration but preferably at the same fixed time. Take it with or without food.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 May 2021 | 07:53 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved