Folitrax 20mg Injection 1ml
By IPCA LABORATORIES
1ml Injection in Ampoule
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Folitrax Injection has varied used based on conditions such as 'Immunosuppressant action' against psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis while 'Anti-neoplastic' action against various types of cancer. It contains methotrexate as its active ingredient. It acts by suppressing the immune response, reducing the swelling, stiffness and inflammation along with slowing down the skin proliferation in rheumatoid arthritis and psoriasis respectively, whereas it inhibits or slows down the growth of cancerous cells in various types of cancer. Folitrax Injection is given under the medical supervision of a doctor or nurse at the hospital or clinic setup. It should not be consumed orally. It should not be used in pregnant and breastfeeding women. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and medication you have or had....
|You Save||₹20.60 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Psorasis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Cancer|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Ulcer, Weakness, Cough|
Check more medicines with composition as Methotrexate(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Folitrax 20 MG
Folitrax Injection is used to treat varied conditions such as psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and various types of cancers such as breast and lung cancers.
Contraindications of Folitrax 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Methotrexate or any other component of Folitrax Injection.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- If you have severe liver or kidney disease.
- If you have pre-existing blood disorders such as decreased platelets and white blood cells.
Side effects of Folitrax 20 MG
- Mouth ulcers
- Menstrual problems
- Skin rashes
- Persistent cough
- Pain in joints, muscles and stomach
- Swelling of feet
- Yellowing of the skin (an indication of liver damage)
- Fever with chills
- Unusual bleeding
- Blurred vision
- Temporary hair loss
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Nausea or vomiting
- Decrease white blood cells
Precautions and Warnings of Folitrax 20 MG
Can Folitrax Injection be administered during pregnancy?
Folitrax Injection is not recommended during pregnancy as it can lead to threatened pregnancy along with causing serious harm to the unborn baby. Women of childbearing age should strictly use contraception and avoid pregnancy during its administration period. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
Can Folitrax Injection be taken during breastfeeding?
Folitrax Injection should not be administered during breastfeeding as it can cause harm to the newborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are a nursing mother.
Can I drive after the administration of Folitrax Injection?
Do not drive until your vision is clear as the administration of Folitrax Injection may cause dizziness and drowsiness.
Can I consume alcohol after the administration of Folitrax Injection?
Alcohol should not be consumed with Folitrax Injection, as it can increase the side effect. Inform your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver, kidney or bone marrow disease.
- You are pregnant or planning pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- You have any known medical condition.
- You are on any other medication or therapy.
- You have stomach-intestinal or lung disease or conditions such as ulcers, persistent cough.
- You have taken any vaccination recently (live vaccine).
- You experience any skin reaction or other side effect after taking this medicine.
- Folitrax Injection should not be used in children below 3 years of age.
Mode of Action of Folitrax 20 MG
How Does It Work?
The composition of Folitrax Injection works by stopping or slowing down the growth of cancer cells and suppressing the immune system. In patients with rheumatoid arthritis, it reduces the activity of the body's immune system. This decreases swelling, pain and stiffness, ultimately improving the function of joints. It also slows down the proliferation of infected skin cells....
Directions for Use of Folitrax 20 MG
- Folitrax Injection will be given by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Do not self-inject. Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Folitrax 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Folitrax Injection works or the Folitrax itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking painkiller medicines to provide relief from pain such as aceclofenac, ibuprofen, diclofenac or other immunomodulatory medicines such as cyclosporine.
- When the Folitrax Injection is administered during the period of radiotherapy, it may increase the risk of cell death in soft tissues and bones.
- If you have recently take any live vaccines, this medicine may alter the effectiveness of medicine.
Storage and disposal of Folitrax 20 MG
- Store Folitrax Injection at a temperature not exceeding 30 °C in the original package to protect from light. Do not freeze.
- Expired or unused medication should be disposed of via proper waste management protocol suggested by a pharmacist.
Dosage of Folitrax 20 MG
- The overdose of Folitrax Injection can cause vomiting, diarrhoea and gastrointestinal bleeding, severe bone marrow suppression, liver toxicity (more likely in patients with pre-existing risk factors for liver disease), sudden shortness of breath and a dry, persistent cough, and fever. A single overdose has also shown a fatal side effect. Another cause of death is bone marrow suppression....
- Several deaths have been reported all over the world from methotrexate overdose because of accidentally taking the injection daily instead of once a week dose as prescribed.
- This injection will be given by a doctor or nurse. Thus, the chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if you experience any discomfort or specific symptoms, inform your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
It is unlikely that the dose of this injection will be missed if you are monitored in a healthcare set up. However, if you have missed taking any dose of this injection, inform your doctor or nurse immediately....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What precautions should I take before treatment with Folitrax?
A: The use of the medicine for a prolonged duration may cause liver damage, including cirrhosis (irreversible scarring of the liver), which may be fatal. High doses of this injection can also damage the kidneys and cause their failure. This injection may not be suitable for individuals with psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis if they: are alcoholics, have alcoholic liver disease or other chronic liver diseases; have an immunodeficiency syndrome; and have a blood deficiency disorder, such as low red blood cell counts, low white blood counts and low blood platelet counts.
Q: Can Folitrax cause weight gain?
A: The side effects of Folitrax Injection are nausea, diarrhoea and an upset stomach, which may cause loss of weight.
Q: Is Folitrax Injection a steroid?
A: No, Folitrax Injection is not a steroid. It is an immunosuppressant and anti-neoplastic medicine.
Q: Can this medicine cause infections?
A: This medicine is known to affect the immune system that can lead to some serious infections. Consult your doctor for more details about the same.
Q: What precaution should be taken if the expired dosage of Folitrax is administered?
A: The administration of this injection is limited to a healthcare professional only. However, if expired injection has been administered to you, you should consult your doctor immediately.
- IMUTREX Tablets / Injection [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Methotrexate 100 mg/ml Injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- Methotrexate 100 mg/ml Injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 May 2022]
Country of Origin
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.