Flextor 50mg Capsules
Flextor 50 MG Description
Flextor Capsule is a slow-acting medicine used for treating symptoms of osteoarthritis affecting the hip or knee. It contains diacerein as its active ingredient. It belongs to the class of medicine k
nown as anthraquinones. Flextor Capsule should not be used by children below 18 years of age. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. It is advised to take Flextor Capsule at the same time every day to gain optimum benefits.
Uses of Flextor 50 MG
Contraindications of Flextor 50 MG
- If you are allergic to diacerein or any other ingredient of Flextor Capsule.
- If you have liver problems or undiagnosed stomach disorders.
- If you are suffering from diseases of the intestine such as blockage in the intestine or ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease.
- If you are giving it to a child.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side effects of Flextor 50 MG
- Stomach ache
- Discolouration of urine
Precautions and Warnings of Flextor 50 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have or have a history of liver disease.
- You experience diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- You are above 65 years of age, as old age can make you more prone to develop diarrhoea during the treatment. So it may require dose adjustment.
- You are already taking any other medicines such as laxatives, diuretics etc.
- You experience any symptoms associated with the liver. As it may cause an increase in liver enzymes and hepatitis. The doctor might ask you for liver tests.
- You have an intolerance to any sugar.
- You are pregnant or a breastfeeding woman.
- You should avoid alcohol intake during the treatment as it may increase the risk of liver damage.
Mode of Action of Flextor 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Flextor 50 MG
- It should be taken with or after meals, as per the doctor's prescription.
- Prefer to take the medicine at the same time every day for maximum results.
Interactions of Flextor 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Flextor Capsule works or Flextor itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially, if you are taking any heart-related medicines like digoxin or diuretics (or water pills). Simultaneous use of these medicines along with Flextor, can increase the risk of heart rhythm disorder....
- Avoid taking Flextor along with antacids, as it may affect the activity of Flextor. Keep a gap of at least 2 hours between these two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Flextor 50 MG
- Store it at a temperature below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.