Flavedon Mr 35mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Flavedon Mr 35 MG Description
Flavedon MR tablet is used as an add-on therapy for managing symptoms of angina pectoris, a condition characterised by radiating chest pain due to decreased oxygen and blood supply to the heart. It c
ontains trimetazidine as its active ingredient that belongs to the class of medicines acting on the heart. Trimetazidine present in the Flavedon MR tablet is a metabolic antianginal agent that works by preventing a drop in cellular energy and ensures the proper functioning of the heart cells. Flavedon MR does not help reduce the attacks of angina and only helps relieve its symptoms. This tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Some common side effects of Flavedon MR are headache, diarrhoea, stomach pain, weakness and rash. Most of which are temporary, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using the Flavedon MR tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹21.60 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Managing symptoms of angina pectoris (heart related chest pain)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, stomach ache, diarrhoea, indigestion|
Uses of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
Contraindications of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
- If you are allergic to trimetazidine or any ingredient of Flavedon MR tablet.
- If you have a brain-related disorder called Parkinson's Disease or symptoms such as tremors, shakiness, and stiffness.
- If you have restless leg syndrome(excessive urge to move legs) or movement disorders.
- If you have kidney-function problem or kidney failure.
Side effects of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
- Stomach ache
Precautions and Warnings of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have an eye condition called closed angle Glaucoma.
- You have a brain disorder called Parkinson's Disease as this medicine can increase the symptoms.
- You are an elderly patient older than 75 years.
- You have severe kidney damage or kidney function problem.
- You may experience tremors, impairment of movements and stiffness.
- Flavedon MR tablet does not help in preventing angina attacks.
Directions for Use of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
- Flavedon MR tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water during meals.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Storage and disposal of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
- Store Flavedon MR tablets at room temperature in a dry place away from moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
- Flavedon MR tablet is used to manage symptoms of angina pectoris, a condition where there is a decrease in oxygen and blood supply to the heart, causing radiating chest pain. It contains trimetazidine as the active ingredient. This medicine should not be used for treating any other condition unless specified by the doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Flavedon MR tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history, especially if you have brain or kidney-related disorders....
- Do not take any medicine on your own without confirming with your doctor during treatment with Flavedon MR tablet.
- Headache, stomach pain, diarrhoea, itchiness and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Flavedon MR tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
- Tell your doctor if you have a history or have an alcohol addiction.
Dosage of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Flavedon Mr 35 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Flavedon MR tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I give Flavedon MR tablet to my 5-year-old child?
Q: I have high blood pressure. Can I take Flavedon MR tablets?
Q: What is the use of Flavedon MR tablet?
Q: What is Ischemic Heart disease?
Q: What is the mechanism of action of Flavedon MR tablets?
Q: What are the side effects of Flavedon MR tablets?
Q: Should I take Flavedon MR tablets with or without food?
Q: Does Flavedon MR tablet lower blood pressure?
Q: Is Flavedon MR 35 a blood thinner?
Q: Is Trimetazidine and Flavedon same?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking this medicine?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Flavedon MR tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
Q: How long can Flavedon MR be taken?
Q: What is the mechanism of action of Flavedon MR?
- Vastarel 35 mg Modified-Release Tablets (Trimetazidine dihydrochloride) [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- TRIVEDON MR Tablets (Trimetazidine dihydrochloride) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Trimetazidine Dihydrochloride [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]
- HPRA.Vastarel Tablet. Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2022 [cited 11 May 2022]