Faronem 200mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Faronem 200 MG Description
Faronem 200 tablet is an antibiotic medicine. Faronem 200 is used to treat various bacterial infections such as infection of the respiratory tract, urinary tract and skin infection. It contains farop
enem as an active ingredient. Faronem 200 tablet works by inhibiting the cell wall synthesis of bacteria which is an outer layer protecting bacteria, thereby inhibiting the growth of the infection-causing organism. Take the Faronem 200 tablet as prescribed by your doctor and complete the given course, as stopping the treatment in between will result in treatment failure and recurrence of infection. Before starting the treatment with the Faronem 200, inform your doctor about all the past medical and medication history.
|You Save||₹155.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting|
- Truopenem 200mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 870.00₹ 348.0034.08% CHEAPER₹ 58/Tablet
- Merosure O 200mg Strip Of 6 TabletsBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 515.00₹ 437.7517.07% CHEAPER₹ 72.96/Tablet
- Farolyst 200mg Tablet 6'sBy Septalyst Lifesciences Pvt Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 654.00₹ 555.90₹ 92.65/Tablet
- Farobact 200mg Tablets 10'sBy Cipla Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 1050.46₹ 892.89₹ 89.29/Tablet
- Duonem 200mg Tablets 6'sBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd6 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 676.00₹ 574.60₹ 95.77/Tablet
Uses of Faronem 200 MG
- Faronem 200 tablet is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections like upper and lower respiratory infections.
- It is also used to treat urinary tract infections and skin infections.
Contraindications of Faronem 200 MG
- If you are allergic to faropenem or any of the ingredients of the Faronem 200 tablet.
- If you are allergic to other antibiotics (beta-lactam) like Penicillin derivatives, Cephalosporins, Monobactams, Carbapenems.
Side effects of Faronem 200 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Faronem 200 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to any antibiotics like Penicillin, Cephem, or Carbapenem.
- You have an inherent tendency for allergic reactions (also known as atopy), or you have kidney problems.
- You are not able to take a diet orally, or you develop a sign of malnutrition or any sign of vitamin K deficiency (easy bleeding), the doctor might need you to monitor closely.
- You experience persistent diarrhoea, the doctor may discontinue the treatment.
Mode of Action of Faronem 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Faronem 200 MG
- Faronem 200 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It is advisable to take the medicine at a fixed time for optimal results. You should not consume more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Faronem 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Faronem 200 tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals that you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Concomitant use of Imipenem and Cilastatin sodium along with the Faronem 200 tablet should be avoided....
- When it is used along with Sodium Valproate to treat fits/epilepsy, it can cause reoccurrence of fits or epilepsy. If used along with water pills like Furosemide, it can cause adverse effects on the kidney....
Storage and disposal of Faronem 200 MG
- Store the Faronem 200 tablet below 25°C
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Faronem 200 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Faronem 200 tablet?
Q: Is Faronem 200 a steroid?
- Faropenem: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 11 January 2022]
- FAROBACT 200 Tablets (Faropenem) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 11 January 2022]
- FENOQRYL® (Faropenem sodium) 200mg ,Tablets - TAJ PHARMA INDIA [Internet]. TAJ PHARMA INDIA. 2022 [cited 11 January 2022]
- CDSCO - Faropenem [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 11 January 2022]