Evopic Oz Tablets
By ALPIC BIOTECH LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Evopic Oz Tablets Description
Evopic Oz Tab is a combination of Levofloxacin and Ornidazole, an antibiotic.
|You Save||₹9.83 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levofloxacin + Ornidazole|
Check more medicines with composition as Levofloxacin + Ornidazole
Uses of Evopic Oz Tablets
- For the treatment of diarrhoea of mixed infection in adult patients
Contraindications of Evopic Oz Tablets
- As this medicine contains Levofloxacin and Ornidazole, any condition which is contraindicated with any of these when taken alone should be considered contraindicated for this combination
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to Fluoroquinolone or Nitroimidazole class of medicines
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you are pregnant, planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Evopic Oz Tablets
- Lack of sleep
- Headache and dizziness
- Diarrhoea, vomiting and nausea
- Dry mouth
- Increased liver enzyme
- Skin reactions or numbness
- Taste disturbance
Precautions and Warnings of Evopic Oz Tablets
Can I take Evopic Oz Tab during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine in pregnancy
- Do not take Evopic Oz Tab if you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Evopic Oz Tab while breastfeeding?
Evopic Oz Tab can pass into human breast milk and can cause serious harm to your baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Evopic Oz Tab?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine. Caution is advised while driving or operating any machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Evopic Oz Tab?
You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking this medicine as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- If you feel strain/ pain on tendons (tendinitis) and joints, immediately stop this medicine, do not move the joint much and inform your doctor immediately
- If you experience continuous or bloody diarrhoea
- If you have diabetes as your blood glucose can drop when you are on this medicine, close glucose monitoring is required
- If you have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can worsen it
- If you experience suicidal thoughts, immediately inform your doctor
- If you experience fits or have a history of fits
- If you feel restlessness, lightheadedness, confusion or hallucinations
- If you feel allergic reactions like fever or rashes
- If you have a kidney problem or heart problems like heart attack, very slow heart rate and salt imbalance
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- If your age is 60 years or above
Mode of Action of Evopic Oz Tablets
How Does It Work?
Levofloxacin works by inhibiting the growth of bacteria and Ornidazole kills the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Evopic Oz Tablets
- Swallow the whole medicine with a glass of water
- Take this medicine after food
Interactions of Evopic Oz Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other drugs. However, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination...
- Medicines used to treat depression
- Medicines used to treat acidity (antacids) like Sucralfate, antacids containing calcium and magnesium should not be taken two hours before or after this medicine
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (NSAID's) can increase the chance of fits
- Medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like Theophylline
- Immunosuppressant like Ciclosporin
- Medicines used to treat gout-like Probenecid
- Blood sugar can drop if you are on insulin or Glibenclamide. Careful monitoring of blood glucose is needed
- Increased chances of bleeding if taken along with Warfarin
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy (antiepileptic) like Phenytoin and Phenobarbital
Interactions with food items
Food does not affect the way Levofloxacin works. However, this medicine also includes Ornidazole which should be taken after food. Hence, it is advised to take this medicine after food.
Storage and disposal of Evopic Oz Tablets
- Store this medicine below 30°C
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Dosage of Evopic Oz Tablets
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits and nausea
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of an overdose or rush to the nearest hospital
Missed a Dose
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy
- If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take this medicine?
A: You are supposed to complete the prescribed duration by your physician. If you skip the dose or do not complete the course, it may cause resistance and decrease the effectiveness of treatment.
Q: Any specific precaution I need to take while taking Evopic Oz Tab?
A: Avoid sun exposure when on treatment and atleast 48 hours after discontinuing the treatment. In case you have to go out, wear full sleeves clothes and cover yourself.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.