Etrik Mr Tablet
Etrik Mr Tablet Description
Etrik MR tablet is used to relieve pain, swelling & inflammatory conditions affecting the muscle or surrounding joints. It contains etoricoxib and thiocolchicoside as active ingredients. This medicin
works by blocking the inflammatory effects of the chemicals and also blocks the signal transmission in the brain and spinal cord and relaxes the contracted muscles. Thiocolchicoside acts as a muscle relaxant whereas etoricoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAIDs ). Etrik MR tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. You can take this with or without food. But it will be better if you take it with meals to avoid an upset stomach.
- Fitdent Mr Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 181.00₹ 126.7039% CHEAPER₹ 12.67/Tablet
- Etoford Mr Tablet 10'sBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 195.00₹ 126.7539% CHEAPER₹ 12.68/Tablet
- Etoro Th Tablets 10'sBy Hetero Healthcare Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 198.00₹ 168.3019% CHEAPER₹ 16.83/Tablet
- Etos Mr TabletBy Systopic Laboratories10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 129.00₹ 109.6547% CHEAPER₹ 10.97/Tablet
- Torib Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Zegchem10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 199.00₹ 169.1519% CHEAPER₹ 16.92/Tablet
- Retoz Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 279.25₹ 237.36₹ 23.74/Tablet
- Etowin Mr 4 Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Corona Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 256.20₹ 217.77₹ 21.78/Tablet
- Brutaflam Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 185.00₹ 157.2525% CHEAPER₹ 15.73/Tablet
- Dorfree Mr 4mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Lupin10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 255.60₹ 217.26₹ 21.73/Tablet
- Wilcoxia Mr 4 Tablet 10 No'sBy Wilburt Remedies Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 223.00₹ 189.559% CHEAPER₹ 18.96/Tablet
Uses of Etrik Mr Tablet
- Etrik MR tablet is used to treat pain, swelling and inflammation caused due to muscle spasm which occurs in different conditions like low back pain, contraction of the muscles of the neck, muscle weakness conditions due to trauma, brain and spinal cord problems....
- It is also used to treat painful and inflammatory conditions related to joint problems like Osteoarthritis (damage to the joint cushioning), rheumatoid arthritis (pain, stiffness, swelling and loss of movement of joints), gout (pain, redness of joints due to deposition of mineral crystals), ankylosing spondylitis (an inflammatory disease affecting the spine and other large joints of the body)....
Contraindications of Etrik Mr Tablet
- If you are allergic to etoricoxib, thiocolchicoside or any other ingredients of Etrik MR tablet.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcers, bleeding from ulcers.
- If you have any problems with your liver and kidney.
- If you had or have heart problems like heart failure, heart attack, bypass surgery or stroke.
- If you have high blood pressure that has not been previously controlled.
- If you have any inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis or colitis.
- If you have a history of ulcer or bleeding previously.
- If you have an allergy to painkillers (NSAIDs) like aspirin or Ibuprofen.
- If you're pregnant, planning to have a baby or are breastfeeding.
- If you are below 16 years of age.
Side effects of Etrik Mr Tablet
- Stomach pain/discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Etrik Mr Tablet
- Etrik MR tablet should not be taken during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. When pregnancy is detected, discontinue this medicine and immediately contact your doctor.
- Proper birth control measures should be taken while consuming it.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting this medicine.
Other General Warnings
- You had or have stomach bleeding or ulcer.
- You are suffering from liver or kidney problems.
- You have high blood pressure, your doctor may need to check your blood pressure more often.
- You have infections.
- You have diabetes, high cholesterol and smoking habits (as it may increase the chances of a heart problem).
- You have problems with fits.
- You are suffering from vomiting or diarrhoea and are dehydrated.
- You have swelling due to water retention (excess fluid) in the body.
- You have a history of heart problems (like a heart-pumping problem or other diseases related to the heart).
- You are over 65 years of age.
- You are pregnant, planning to have a baby or breastfeeding.
- This medicine should not be given to children below 16 years of age.
Mode of Action of Etrik Mr Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Certain substances, when released in the body, produce pain and inflammatory condition in the body. So, the affected area becomes red, painful and swollen. Etoricoxib belongs to a group of medicine that blocks the effect of inflammatory chemicals. So, all the symptoms related to it improves gradually....
- The signals and chemicals released by the brain and spinal cord are responsible for muscle stiffness and pain of the muscle and joints.
- Thiocolchicoside interrupts this signal transmission process in the brain and spinal cord and thus relieves muscle spasms and pain associated with it. Thus, this medicine eventually helps in restoring the movement of muscles and joints....
Directions for Use of Etrik Mr Tablet
- Etrik MR tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Etrik Mr Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Etrik MR tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines used to modify immune responses such as Methotrexate, Cyclosporin or Tacrolimus, medicines used to treat psychiatric illnesses such as Lithium containing products, medicines used for heart disorders such as Enalapril, Losartan, Digoxin and water pills, blood-thinning medicines or anticoagulants such as Warfarin....
- Concomitant use of Etrik MR tablet along with antibiotics like Rifampicin for various infections and painkillers like Aspirin may increase the risk of stomach ulcers.
- Concomitant use of Etrik MR tablets should be avoided during hormone replacement therapy or birth control pills, as it may increase your risk of side effects.
- Other medicines such as Salbutamol, Minoxidil, Voriconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Etrik Mr Tablet
- Store Etrik MR tablets in the original pack in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Etrik Mr Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from high blood pressure, can I take Etrik MR tablet?
Q: Is Etrik MR tablet habit-forming?
Q: I am on birth control pills, can I use Etrik MR tablet?
Q: Is Etrik MR tablet a painkiller?
Q: Will the Etrik MR Tablet be more effective if I take higher doses?
- Arcoxia 60 mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- MYORIL (thiocolchicoside) [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- Thiocolchicoside - SmPC [Internet]. Ema.europa.eu. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Thiocolchicoside+Etoricoxib [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 15 July 2021]