Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules Description
Esofine DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD does not respond to esomeprazole medication alone. It is a condition in which acid from the s
tomach flows back to the food pipe and causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. Esofine DSR capsule contains esomeprazole and domperidone as its active ingredient. This medicine works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improving the motility of the food pipe. Thus, it reduces the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You should take this medicine at least an hour before the meal. Esofine DSR capsule is not for use in patients below 18 years old. While on this medicine, avoid oily, spicy and fatty foods. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption. Consume small but frequent meals and not skip any meal of the day.
|You Save||₹20.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Domperidone(30.0 Mg) + Esomeprazole(40.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
- Esmetru D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 65.4543.03% CHEAPER₹ 6.54/Capsule
- Es Lomac Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 225.00₹ 180.00₹ 18/Capsule
- Esomefol Dsr CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.7529.7% CHEAPER₹ 8.07/Capsule
- Esomefa Dsr CapsulesBy Knoll Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 129.50₹ 110.074.09% CHEAPER₹ 11.01/Capsule
- Esoz D 30/40 Mg Capsule Sr 10By Integrace Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 278.50₹ 236.72₹ 23.67/Capsule
- Miokool Dsr Capsule 10'sBy Miotic Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 129.00₹ 109.654.44% CHEAPER₹ 10.97/Capsule
- Esogress D 40mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 129.00₹ 109.654.44% CHEAPER₹ 10.97/Capsule
- Esofic D Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Gufic Biosciences Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 119.90₹ 101.9111.24% CHEAPER₹ 10.19/Capsule
- Esobiz Dsr Capsule 10'sBy Alniche Lifesciences Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 147.00₹ 124.95₹ 12.49/Capsule
- Esojaa Rd Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Medsafe Pharmaceuticals Pvt.ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 119.00₹ 11.9/Capsule
Uses of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Contraindications of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole, domperidone or any other ingredients of the Esofine DSR capsule.
- If you have a blockage or tear in the intestines.
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder.
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system.
- If you have any tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you have severe heart problems such as congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are taking medicines such as Nelfinavir (used in HIV infection), Clarithromycin (antibiotic), Ketoconazole (antifungal) or Verapamil (used in high blood pressure and chest pain).
Side effects of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver and kidney-related diseases.
- You have a specific blood test (Chromogranin A).
- You experience black stools or have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You develop skin lesions, especially in the sun-exposed area after taking the Esofine DSR capsule.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV infection or are taking apomorphine (used to treat muscle stiffness).
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing and unconsciousness.
- You experience stomach pain or indigestion, unexplained weight loss, have problems while swallowing, vomit out food or blood after taking this medicine.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12.
- You are on these capsules for long-term treatment (more than three months), your blood magnesium levels may decrease. Hence, your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Esofine DSR capsule is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- This medicine may lead to a slightly increased risk of bacterial infections due to Salmonella and Campylobacter.
Mode of Action of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the flow of stomach acids.
- Esomeprazole works by binding to this proton pump in stomach cells and blocks the acid secretion.
- Domperidone acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Esofine DSR capsule works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Esofine DSR capsule should not be taken concomitantly along with medicines such as Nelfinavir (used to treat HIV infection), Amiodarone (used to treat muscle stiffness), Clarithromycin (antibiotic), Ketoconazole (antifungal) or Verapamil (used in high blood pressure, chest pain)....
- This capsule should also not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart problems (Quinidine, Sotalol), psychiatric illness (Haloperidol, Citalopram), antifungals (Pentamidine), antimalarials (Halofantrine, Lumefantrine), medicines used to treat allergies (Mizolastine), medicines to treat in cancer (Toremifene, Vandetanib), gastric emptying medicines (Cisapride) and other medicines like Diphemanil and Methadone....
- Concomitant use of this capsule with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (Diazepam), used to treat fits (Phenytoin) is not recommended as it may increase the side effects of the medicines.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like Digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking Warfarin (blood-thinner) along with this medicine, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
- Other medicines like Rifampicin, Methotrexate, Tacrolimus, Voriconazole, Cilostazol, Clopidogrel, Azithromycin, St John's wort, etc. should be used cautiously along with the Esofine DSR capsule.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Dosage of Esofine Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of the Esofine DSR capsule?
Q: Can the Esofine DSR capsule be taken after food?
Q: How much time does it take for the Esofine DSR capsule to act?
Q: Can we take the Esofine DSR capsule along with Itraconazole?
- ESOMAC-D Capsules (Esomeprazole magnesium + Domperidone) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Esomeprazole + Domperidone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- Motilium 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- Motilium 10mg Film-coated Tablets - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 July 2021]