Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
By GALDERMA INDIA PVT LTD
15g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is used in treating acne or pimples. It contains a combination of two medicines - adapalene and benzoyl peroxide as active components. This gel must not be used if you are allergi
c to any of its components or are pregnant. It is meant only for external application and should be applied as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen....
Uses of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Epiduo gel is used to treat pimples or acne.
Contraindications of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
- If you are allergic to adapalene or benzoyl Peroxide or any other ingredients of Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Side effects of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Burning sensation, pain, irritation, redness, itching, rash, peeling or dryness at the area Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is applied.
Precautions and Warnings of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Can I apply Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel during pregnancy?
Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel should not be used during pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety. If you get pregnant while using this gel, then discontinue using it and contact your doctor immediately.
Can I apply Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel while breastfeeding?
There is limited data available on the use of this gel in a breastfeeding woman. However, if prescribed by your doctor, avoid using it on the breast or areas near the breast or any large area of the body for a prolonged duration.
Can I drive if I have applied Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel?
Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is a topical preparation and may not affect the driving ability or ability to handle machinery.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and this gel. Consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You are suffering from any other skin infections or conditions.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel for a week.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- Do not use this medicine on cuts, scratches, sunburns, etc.
- Do not let this gel get into your eyes, nose, mouth or on your hair. If it happens, then rinse it with water thoroughly.
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is not recommended for children below 9-years of age.
Mode of Action of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
How Does It Work?
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel works by the combined action of both its components: Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Adapalene works by decreasing the swelling, redness of the skin, thus reducing pimples.
- Benzoyl Peroxide works by killing the growth of bacteria, thus softening and peeling (or scaling) the outer layer of the skin.
Directions for Use of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Apply the gel on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this gel unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid contact with your eyes or nose.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treatingother health conditions....Read more
- You should not use products to treat your pimples or acne containing benzoyl peroxide or retinoids at the same time as this gel.
- You need to avoid using cosmetic products that may cause irritation, dry skin while using Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel.
Storage and disposal of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat. Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
As Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is meant for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you hav
e applied extra quantities of it, wipe them out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying this gel, then apply it as soon as possible. Do not over-apply the gel just to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel to treat my sunburn?
A: No, Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is not meant to be used to treat sunburn.
Q: Can Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel be used by my 14-year-old child?
A: Yes, Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel may be used if prescribed by a doctor.
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel?
A: If you get any gel in your eyes, then rinse with water thoroughly. Keep your eyes open when you rinse.
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% Gel - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 27 Aug 2021 | 10:14 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved