Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel Description
Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is used in treating acne or pimples. It contains a combination of two medicines - adapalene and benzoyl peroxide as active components. This gel must not be used if you are allerg
ic to any of its components or are pregnant. It is meant only for external application and should be applied as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects, but they normally fade away with time. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Contraindications of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
- If you are allergic to adapalene or benzoyl Peroxide or any other ingredients of Epiduo gel.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
Side effects of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Precautions and Warnings of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Other General Warnings
- You experience an allergic reaction after using Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You are suffering from any other skin infections or conditions.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel for a week.
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- Do not use this medicine on cuts, scratches, sunburns, etc.
- Do not let this gel get into your eyes, nose, mouth or on your hair. If it happens, then rinse it with water thoroughly.
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel is not recommended for children below 9-years of age.
Mode of Action of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
How Does It Work?
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel works by the combined action of both its components: Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Adapalene works by decreasing the swelling, redness of the skin, thus reducing pimples.
- Benzoyl Peroxide works by killing the growth of bacteria, thus softening and peeling (or scaling) the outer layer of the skin.
Directions for Use of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
- Epiduo gel is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Apply the gel on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this gel unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid contact with your eyes or nose.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Epiduo gel is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
- You should not use products to treat your pimples or acne containing benzoyl peroxide or retinoids at the same time as this gel.
- You need to avoid using cosmetic products that may cause irritation, dry skin while using Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel.
Storage and disposal of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Dosage of Epiduo Tube Of 15gm Gel
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel to treat my sunburn?
Q: Can Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel be used by my 14-year-old child?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% gel?
Q: What is the composition of Epiduo gel?
Q: What is Epiduo gel used for?
Q: What are the side effects of Epiduo gel?
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
- Epiduo 0.1%/2.5% Gel - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 May 2021]