Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Enzocort Tablet contains Deflazacort as its active ingredient. It is a corticosteroid. Enzocort Tablet is used to treat various disease conditions such as allergies, arthritis, eyes, blood, skin, asth
ma and post-transplant surgeries. This medicine acts by reducing inflammation (swelling) and by changing the way the immune system works. Take Enzocort Tablet at the same time every day as directed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, it may cause symptoms such as loss of appetite, an upset stomach, vomiting, drowsiness, confusion, headache, joint and muscle pain and weight loss. The dose of this medicine will be decreased gradually by your doctor to allow your body to adjust before stopping the drug completely. You may experience side effects such as weight gain, nausea, vomiting, mood changes while on this medicine. If these side effects bother you or stay persistent, reach out to your doctor or visit a nearby hospital or clinic....
Uses of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Enzocort Tablet is used for the treatment of various diseases and conditions such as allergic conditions, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, post-transplant, blood and skin and eye disorders.
Contraindications of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Deflazacort or any other ingredients of Enzocort Tablet.
- If you are having or recently had any vaccination with a live vaccine.
- If you have an infection.
Side effects of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Weight gain
- Increased blood glucose
- Increased hunger
- Increased risk of getting infections
- Irregular periods
- Mood changes - irritability, suicidal thoughts
- Acne, hair growth on the face
- Allergic reactions like itching, hives, rashes (urticaria)
Precautions and Warnings of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Enzocort Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Enzocort Tablet during pregnancy. Thus, it is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine unless it is prescribed by your doctor. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning a baby.
Can I take Enzocort Tablet while breastfeeding?
Enzocort Tablet might pass into the breastmilk and can cause harm to the newborn baby. Thus, it is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine while breastfeeding. Your doctor might suggest you an alternative or ask you to monitor your baby closely.
Can I drive if I have consumed Enzocort Tablet?
Enzocort Tablet can cause dizziness or a spinning sensation in the head (vertigo). If you experience any of these side effects, caution is advised while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Enzocort Tablet?
It is advised to avoid drinking alcohol while on Enzocort Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects and lead to health consequences.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a history of depression or mania or a family history of mental illness.
- You have fits.
- You have diabetes or high blood pressure.
- You are suffering from stomach ulcers.
- You have kidney, liver or heart diseases.
- You have a tumour of the adrenal gland tissue (pheochromocytoma).
- You have weak or brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You have muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis).
- You have a problem with your thyroid gland (hypothyroidism).
- You have an infection in your eye due to herpes simplex virus (Ocular herpes).
- You ever had tuberculosis.
- You have irregular menses.
- Anyone in your family has chickenpox, measles and you have never had it earlier. You could be seriously affected.
- You are going to take any vaccine.
Mode of Action of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Corticosteroids are present naturally in the body, taking extra Corticosteroids like Deflazacort helps to treat various diseases involving inflammation.
- Deflazacort controls inflammation and helps in reducing allergies and autoimmune reactions.
Directions for Use of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Swallow Enzocort Tablet as a whole with a glass of water or take this medicine as directed by your doctor. Take this medication daily at the same time.
Interactions of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used to treat diabetes.
- Medicines used to treat fits or epilepsy like Phenobarbitone, Primidone, Phenytoin, Carbamazepine, Acetazolamide
- Caution is needed when taking it with Ciprofloxacin as it can lead to tendon damage.
- Oral contraceptives.
- Medicines used to treat pain (painkillers) like Aspirin.
- Medicines used to treat some types of cancer like Aminoglutethimide.
- Medicines used to treat fungal infections like Ketoconazole.
- Water tablets (Diuretics) like Spironolactone, Triamterene or Amiloride.
- Medicines used for thinning your blood like Warfarin, caution required and be watchful for bleeding.
- Medicines used to treat tuberculosis (TB) like Rifampicin or Rifabutin.
- Medicines used to treat indigestion and heartburn like antacids, keep a gap of at least two hours between the two doses.
- Medicines used to treat asthma (Salbutamol and Theophylline).
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Enzocort Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Protect it from light and moisture.
Dosage of Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much of Enzocort Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Enzocort Tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do no
t take a double dose of the medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: In the past, I had a blood clot problem. Is Enzocort Tablet safe to use?
A: Before you start taking Enzocort Tablet, you need to tell your doctor if you have any problem with your blood vessels like blood clots. The doctor may change the dose or may suggest an alternate for this medicine or monitor your blood reports more closely.
Q: Can I stop taking Enzocort 6mg Strip Of 10 Tablets on my own as I feel that I have recovered?
- No, you must not stop taking Enzocort Tablet on your own, even if you are feeling fine.
- Please discuss with your doctor as he/she shall decrease your dose gradually over a few weeks.
- Stopping the treatment abruptly can lead to severe consequences like high temperature, joint pain, itching, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, diarrhoea.
Q: Is Enzocort Tablet a steroid?
A: Yes, Enzocort Tablet is a steroid, used to treat various diseases and conditions such as asthma, allergies, arthritis, blood, eye, skin and many other conditions.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 03 Apr 2021 | 10:51 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved