Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
By USV PVT LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ecosprin 325 tablet is a pain killer medicine, used for pain such as toothache, headache, throat pain, muscle pain, pain associated with the menstrual cycle, migraine, etc. It is also helpful to reduc
e fever and inflammation. Ecosprin 325 tablet contains aspirin also known as acetylsalicylic acid. It belongs to the class of medicines called Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs or NSAIDs. It will be best if you take the Ecosprin 325 tablet with food to avoid an upset stomach. The dose and duration of this medicine will depend on your medical condition and its severity, after being diagnosed by the treating doctor. You should not take the Ecosprin 325 more or use it for a longer duration than recommended by your doctor. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption while on this medicine. Inform your doctor about all known medical conditions as well as your current medical treatments....
Uses of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
Ecosprin 325 tablet is used for reducing pain associated with the head, throat, tooth, menstrual cycle. Als for reducing fever and swelling.
Contraindications of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to aspirin or any of the ingredients of Ecosprin 325 tablet.
- If you have bleeding disorders.
- If you have a history of ulcers in the stomach or small intestine.
- If you have gout.
- If you have a serious liver or kidney problem.
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding.
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week).
Side effects of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
- Increased risk of bleeding
Precautions and Warnings of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
Can I take Ecosprin 325 tablet during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take Ecosprin 325 tablets, especially in the last trimester of pregnancy as it may be unsafe during pregnancy. This medicine can cause heart or kidney-related problems in the baby. It may also prolong the labour and contribute to the risk of bleeding in the mother and the newborn.
Can I take Ecosprin 325 tablet while breastfeeding?
Aspirin passes into breast milk in low amounts. You should not take Ecosprin 325 tablets if you are breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ecosprin 325 tablet?
It is not expected that Ecosprin 325 tablet will affect your ability to drive or operate heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ecosprin 325 tablet?
You should not consume alcohol while taking Ecosprin 325 tablet, as it may increase the risk of intestinal bleeding and prolong bleeding time.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop any allergic reactions after taking Ecosprin 325 tablet.
- You are undergoing surgery or had surgery recently.
- You have any unusual bleeding.
- You are suffering from asthma, gout.
- You have high blood pressure, kidney or liver diseases.
- You have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine.
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take this medicine as it can increase the bleeding.
- You have taken the Varicella vaccine.
Mode of Action of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Ecosprin 325 tablet works by interfering with the production of prostaglandins, a chemical substance that causes pain, fever and inflammation.
Directions for Use of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
Ecosprin 325 tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. Do not take this medicine for a prolonged duration.
Interactions of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Ecosprin 325 tablets and medicines used for thinning of the blood such as Warfarin can increase the risk of bleeding. Using other pain killers along with this medicine may increasethe risk of ulcers and bleed in the digestive tract....Read more
- Antacids when used together with Ecosprin 325 tablets can interfere with the effect of this medicine. Hence they should not be taken together.
- Medicines such as Metoclopramide and domperidone that are used to reduce the symptoms of vomiting may increase the effect of this medicine when used together.
- Medicines such a Mifepristone used for a condition associated with the female reproductive system should not be taken with Ecosprin 325 tablet and there should be a gap of 8-12 days between the dosesof these two medicines....Read more
- The effect of Antibiotics such as Vancomycin which tend to cause issues associated with the ear (ototoxicity) increases. This may result in loss of hearing and in case of negligence it may even lead to permanent deafness when used together with Ecosprin 325 tablet....Read more
- Dietary supplements containing Ginkgo Biloba should be avoided as it increases the risk of bleeding when used together.
- Medicines such as methotrexate used for cancer should not be used together with Ecosprin 325 tablet as it increases the risk of side effects of methotrexate and may result in toxic effects to the kidney....Read more
- Ecosprin 325 tablet should not be used with medicines used to treat gout such as probenecid as it interferes with the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Ecosprin 325 tablets and anti-diabetic medicines such as glibenclamide may increase the anti-diabetic effect and result in low blood sugar.
- Medicines used for heart disorders such as Digoxin and medicines used for psychotic disorders such as lithium may interfere with the effect of this Ecosprin 325 tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
Store Ecosprin 325 tablets below 25°C in a cool and dry place. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ecosprin 325mg Tablet
Symptoms of an overdose may include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits, low blood sugar. If you think
you have taken too much of the Ecosprin 325 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Ecosprin 325 tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not t
ake a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Ecosprin 325 tablet?
A: If you are a known patient of bleeding disorders such as haemophilia or are taking blood thinners, you must tell your doctor about it. Also, if you have had a history of ulcers, stomach swelling (inflammation), kidney disease, gout, asthma or breathing difficulty that was induced by a painkiller, you must tell your doctor about it.
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking Ecosprin 325 tablet?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, tell your doctor that you are taking Ecosprin 325 Tablet, as excess Aspirin can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: Can I take Ecosprin 325 tablet for blood clots?
A: No, Ecosprin 325 tablet is not meant for the treatment of disorders related to blood clotting as it contains a very high dose of aspirin, which is not effective for treating clotting disorders. This medicine is only meant to be used for the treatment of fever and pain. You should not self-medicate if you have a serious blood clotting disorder, reach out to your doctor.
Q: Can Ecosprin 325 tablet be used for a headache?
A: Yes, it can be used for headaches. However, do not use this medicine too frequently for managing persistent headaches for prolonged periods.
Q: Can I give Ecosprin 325 tablet to my 7-year-old child?
A: No, Ecosprin 325 tablet should not be used in children below 16 years of age. Do not give any medicine to your child without consulting a child specialist.
- Aspirin Tablets BP 300mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Aspirin [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Aspirin 325mg capsule [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- Aspirin Tablets BP 300mg - Product Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 13 July 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 Jul 2021 | 11:19 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved