Ecitalop C Tab
By EAST WEST PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ecitalop C is a prescription medication. It treats depression and anxiety disorders. It is a combination of two medications, Citalopram and Clonazepam. Depression is a condition characterised by feeling such as generalized sadness, low mood, feeling hopeless, inability to perform daily activities, and a loss of interest. These symptoms result in several difficulties and may continue for several months to years. Anxiety is a condition characterised by increased worry and fear. Anxiety can present with increased heart rate, sweating, trembling, increased rate of breathing etc. Panic disorder is also a type of anxiety disorder with loss of control and fear. Citalopram is an anti-depressant, whereas Clonazepam is an anxiolytic agent. It is important to note that Ecitalop C has habit-forming potential. It also has the potential to be misused. Careful monitoring while on this medication is required and necessary. The medication should be taken in the dose and duration prescribed by a medical professional only. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause withdrawal effects. Taking the tablet at the same time every day is advisable for maximum efficacy....
|You Save||₹19.04 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg),Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of depression and anxiety & panic disorders|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dry mouth, nausea, decreased appetite, loss of libido, loss of orgasm, impaired coordination & balance, dizziness, excessive sleepiness, blurred vision|
|Classification||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Ecitalop C Tab
- Anxiety and panic disorders
Contraindications of Ecitalop C Tab
If you have known hypersensitivity to citalopram, clonazepam or benzodiazepine or known allergies to any components in this medication. If you have abnormal heart rhythms. If you have liver dysfunction. If you have acute narrow-angle glaucoma (a condition associated with elevated pressure in the eyeballs). If you have respiratory insufficiency (a condition in which the lungs do not take in oxygen effectively). If you have congenital blood dyscrasias known as porphyrias. If you’ve a history of falling down repeatedly or have problems with balance. Citalopram should not be used to treat children and adolescents below 18....
Side effects of Ecitalop C Tab
- Dry mouth
- Reduced appetite
- Sleepiness & Drowsiness
- Impaired coordination & balance
- Blurred vision
- Loss of libido, loss of orgasm
- Impairment of memory
Precautions and Warnings of Ecitalop C Tab
Can I take Ecitalop C during pregnancy?
Ecitalop C is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Discuss with your treating physician for more information. Inform your doctor regarding your pregnancy or intention to conceive.
Can I take Ecitalop C while breastfeeding?
Ecitalop C is considered unsafe during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Ecitalop C?
This medication can cause side effects such as drowsiness, sleepiness, fatigue, decreased coordination, dizziness etc. Hence driving and use of heavy machinery are not recommended.
Can I consume alcohol with Ecitalop C?
Using clonazepam with other CNS depressants, like alcohol, increases the risk of respiratory depression, low blood pressure, and death. It is strictly contraindicated.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on any other medications.
- You witness any mood changes or suicidal ideation.
Mode of Action of Ecitalop C Tab
How Does It Work?
Citalopram works by acting on brain pathways that involve the chemical substance called Serotonin. It gradually increases the levels of serotonin available. This results in improved mood and other personality changes. It might also affect other messengers such as norepinephrine and dopamine. Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine. Its primary action is to increase the levels of the chemical substance GABA. This results in sedation, calming effects, and muscle relaxation. It might also increase the production of serotonin....
Directions for Use of Ecitalop C Tab
- This medication should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- This tablet shows the best results when it is taken at the same time every day.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not chew or break this tablet.
- It can take up to 2 weeks for the maximum efficacy of this medicine to manifest. Do not stop the tablet suddenly or change the dose. Complete the course of the tablets as prescribed.
Interactions of Ecitalop C Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Ecitalop C should not be used along with or within two weeks of use of Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) such as isocarboxid as it may cause a dangerous condition called serotonin syndrome.
- The use of this medicine with thioridazine, pimozide, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors, including linezolid or methylene blue, is also contraindicated.
- Patients who are taking other medications that increase serotonin levels should receive education regarding the risks.
- It should not be mixed with blood thinners, such as aspirin, NSAIDs, heparin, or warfarin. This can increase the chances of bleeding and can cause nose bleeds.
- The concomitant use of this medication with opioids (like morphine, tramadol etc.) is contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and death.
- It should also not be used with other CNS depressants like alcohol can also cause similar effects and present life-threatening adverse effects.
Storage and disposal of Ecitalop C Tab
Store in a cool and dry place away from direct light and moisture. Do not use the medicine after the date of expiration. Keep the tablets away from children and pets. Do not flush the medication down the toilet. Dispose of it with biomedical waste only....
Dosage of Ecitalop C Tab
The overdose symptoms may include excessive sleepiness, double vision, slurring of speech, poor motor functions, respiratory failure, fall in BP, increased heart rate, abnormal heart rhythms, coma, and cardiac arrest. It is advisable to visit an emergency care centre at the earliest....
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Ecitalop C, take it as soon as possible. If the duration missed is too long, and it is almost time for the next dose, you can skip the missed dose and go back to the regular schedule. Do not double the dose of the tablet....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been using Ecitalop C for a few days but feel no change. What should I do?
A: Ecitalop C can usually be efficacious within the first week of use but can take 2-3 weeks for maximum efficacy. Take this medication as directed by your treating physician. It is important to review routinely for appropriate dose adjustment. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Q: I have been using Ecitalop C for a while and feel better. Can I stop taking it?
A: Ecitalop C should be used for the recommended period for maximum efficacy per your treating physician. Anti-depressants are required for 6-9 months to resolve symptoms and decrease recurrence chances completely. Talk to your doctor for more information. Abrupt stoppage can result in withdrawal side effects.
Q: Can I have an occasional drink when using this medication?
A: Using clonazepam with other CNS depressants, like alcohol, increases the risk of respiratory depression, low blood pressure, and death. It is strictly contraindicated.
- Celexa Label
- KLONOPIN TABLETS (clonazepam)
- Basit H, Kahwaji CI. Clonazepam. [Updated 2021 Dec 29]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from
- Sharbaf Shoar N, Fariba KA, Padhy RK. Citalopram. [Updated 2021 Dec 11]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from:
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.