Ecitalop C Tablets
Ecitalop C Tablets Description
Ecitalop C is a prescription medication. It treats depression and anxiety disorders. It is a combination of two medications, Citalopram and Clonazepam. Depression is a condition characterised by fee
ling such as generalized sadness, low mood, feeling hopeless, inability to perform daily activities, and a loss of interest. These symptoms result in several difficulties and may continue for several months to years. Anxiety is a condition characterised by increased worry and fear. Anxiety can present with increased heart rate, sweating, trembling, increased rate of breathing etc. Panic disorder is also a type of anxiety disorder with loss of control and fear. Citalopram is an anti-depressant, whereas Clonazepam is an anxiolytic agent. It is important to note that Ecitalop C has habit-forming potential. It also has the potential to be misused. Careful monitoring while on this medication is required and necessary. The medication should be taken in the dose and duration prescribed by a medical professional only. It should not be abruptly started or stopped, as it may cause withdrawal effects. Taking the tablet at the same time every day is advisable for maximum efficacy.
|You Save||₹15.87 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Citalopram(10.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Treatment of depression and anxiety & panic disorders|
|Side effects||Drowsiness, dry mouth, nausea, decreased appetite, loss of libido, loss of orgasm, impaired coordination & balance, dizziness, excessive sleepiness, blurred vision|
|Therapy||ANTI-ANXIETY AND ANTI-DEPRESSANT|
Uses of Ecitalop C Tablets
- Anxiety and panic disorders
Contraindications of Ecitalop C Tablets
Side effects of Ecitalop C Tablets
- Dry mouth
- Reduced appetite
- Sleepiness & Drowsiness
- Impaired coordination & balance
- Blurred vision
- Loss of libido, loss of orgasm
- Impairment of memory
Precautions and Warnings of Ecitalop C Tablets
Other General Warnings
- You are on any other medications.
- You witness any mood changes or suicidal ideation.
Mode of Action of Ecitalop C Tablets
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Ecitalop C Tablets
- This medication should be taken as prescribed by the treating physician.
- This tablet shows the best results when it is taken at the same time every day.
- Swallow this medication as a whole. Do not chew or break this tablet.
- It can take up to 2 weeks for the maximum efficacy of this medicine to manifest. Do not stop the tablet suddenly or change the dose. Complete the course of the tablets as prescribed.
Interactions of Ecitalop C Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Ecitalop C should not be used along with or within two weeks of use of Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) such as isocarboxid as it may cause a dangerous condition called serotonin syndrome.
- The use of this medicine with thioridazine, pimozide, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors, including linezolid or methylene blue, is also contraindicated.
- Patients who are taking other medications that increase serotonin levels should receive education regarding the risks.
- It should not be mixed with blood thinners, such as aspirin, NSAIDs, heparin, or warfarin. This can increase the chances of bleeding and can cause nose bleeds.
- The concomitant use of this medication with opioids (like morphine, tramadol etc.) is contraindicated, as it may cause respiratory depression, coma and death.
- It should also not be used with other CNS depressants like alcohol can also cause similar effects and present life-threatening adverse effects.
Storage and disposal of Ecitalop C Tablets
Dosage of Ecitalop C Tablets
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have been using Ecitalop C for a few days but feel no change. What should I do?
Q: I have been using Ecitalop C for a while and feel better. Can I stop taking it?
Q: Can I have an occasional drink when using this medication?
- Celexa Label
- KLONOPIN TABLETS (clonazepam)
- Basit H, Kahwaji CI. Clonazepam. [Updated 2021 Dec 29]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from
- Sharbaf Shoar N, Fariba KA, Padhy RK. Citalopram. [Updated 2021 Dec 11]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: